License error under Eclipse

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
acronce

License error under Eclipse

Post by acronce »

Hi all,

I recently updated to Eclipse 3.1.1 and the Oxygen 6.2.4 plug-in under Mac OS X 10.4.3. For some odd reason, the Oxygen plug-in keeps asking me for my license, even though I was fully licensed previously. But the main Oxygen application works fine.

Each time I paste my license data for v6.0 into the license request dialog for the Oxygen plug-in, I get an error message indicating "Cannot save the license to disk: null". After this, I cannot access any Oxygen functionality under Eclipse. And to make matters worse, Eclipse invariably hangs within a few minutes after seeing this dialog. I have to force quit Eclipse when this happens.

One of my coworkers, who also has a legitimate Oxygen license, is seeing the exact same problem. In fact, he was the one who first noticed the resulting Eclipse hang.

I need some help getting my license recognized. I've searched this forum for the error message not found anything. Perhaps some Oxygen preferences file is in a bad state?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions working around this problem.
Best Regards,
--
Allen Cronce
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Please update your version of the <oXygen/> Eclipse plugin. The error should be fixed by the version 6.2.6 (build 2005111603).

Regards,
Sorin
acronce

Post by acronce »

I've updated to the 6.2.6 plug-in and am still seeing the same problem.

On a related note, I performed the update via the Eclipse software update mechanism. The result was that I ended up with both the new 6.2.6 plug-in and the older 6.2.4 plug-in in the Eclipse plug-ins folder. I had to manually remove the 6.2.4 plug-in folder and restart eclipse.

What can I try next?
Best Regards,
--
Allen Cronce
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It seems there are problems saving the Eclipse preferences on your machine. Rename [your-home-folder]/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml/optionsEc6.2.xml, restart Eclipse and open an XML file with the Oxygen XML Editor. You will be asked to enter the <oXygen/> license key again. Then close Eclipse, the optionsEc6.2xml file should be created again and the problem should be solved now.

Regards,
Sorin
acronce

Post by acronce »

This did not work either. What happens is I get an error message in Eclipse indicating that I should check the log. I am not presented with the option of entering my license. An empty "optionsEc6.2.xml" file gets created in my "com.oxygenxml" folder.

Any other suggestions? Maybe I should trash the whole "com.oxygenxml" folder?
Best Regards,
--
Allen Cronce
acronce

Post by acronce »

I tried throwing away my "com.oxygenxml" folder, then the plug-in asked me for my license. But after entering the license, it again gave me the same "Cannot save the license to disk: null" error. The new "com.oxygenxml" folder has an empty "optionsEc6.2.xml" file again.

I really want to use Oxygen in Eclipse. Any other ideas?
Best Regards,
--
Allen Cronce
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Allen,

Try the following fix:

- shut down Eclipse;
- delete the com.oxygenxml folder;
- create a text file called licensekey.txt containing the 9 lines of the license key as you paste them in the registration dialog;
- copy the licensekey.txt file in the lib subfolder of the <oXygen/> plugin folder: [Eclipse-install-folder]/plugins/com.oxygenxml.editor/lib ;
- start up Eclipse.

You should be able to use the <oXygen/> plugin without being asked the license key.

Do you have any jars in the endorsed folder of the JRE running <oXygen/> ([JRE-home-folder]/Home/lib/endorsed) ?

Regards,
Sorin
acronce

Post by acronce »

Yes, I have xalan-2.6.0.jar in my endorsed folder. I need this to deal with issues between xmlsec/wss4j and the xalan currently installed in the base Mac OS X 1.4.2 JVM. But I've always had an xalan in my endorsed folder (although not always this version) and Oxygen has worked, both as a plugin and stand alone application.

Unfortunately I followed your new instructions and that didn't work either. What I see now is the generic error message that an error occurred and that I should check the log.

I'm now suspecting that I'm seeing an incompatibility between my installed Eclipse components and Oxygen. A few weeks ago, I installed and updated several Eclipse plugins that were prerequisites for the WOLips plug-in that I need for development. Perhaps these problems started with that update, but I'm not sure.

In any case, here's the error log entry:

Error 2005-11-22 07:17:56.13 Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XSModelImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.D.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.B.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.C.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.C.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.A.B.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.D.J(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xml.A.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.D.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.A.B(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.R.getContentAssistant(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.configure(SourceViewer.java:331)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:2517)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:53)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:314)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xml.XMLEditor.createPartControl(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:609)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:223)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2362)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2249)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:371)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:334)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:131)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:153)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:198)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:296)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:869)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:741)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:739)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:968)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1067)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:243)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:238)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:277)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1380)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1404)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1389)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1237)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3060)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2712)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)
Caused by: org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: Schema factory class org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.xs.SchemaDVFactoryImpl does not extend from SchemaDVFactory.
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.SchemaDVFactory.getInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar$BuiltinSchemaGrammar.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
... 73 more
Best Regards,
--
Allen Cronce
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The exception is caused by a different problem and we will fix it. Contact us at support at oxygenxml dot com to help you to enable logging for the <oXygen/> plugin. Maybe the log will provide more useful info for the license saving problem.

Regards,
Sorin
francisu

I get the "cannot save license to disk: null" with

Post by francisu »

This is on eclipse 3.1.1.

It does however allow me to use the Oxygen (however it does not work due to other problems mentioned above), and each time I restart eclipse it asks me for the license key.

Thanks,

Francis
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Francis,

Do you get the same error message "Cannot save the license to disk: null" with version 6.2.6 of the <oXygen/> plugin (build 2005111603) ? Build 2005111603 should fix the license save problem. To find the <oXygen/> build number go to Window - Preferences - oXygen. The recommendation is the same as for Allen: please contact us at support at oxygenxml dot com to help you to enable logging for the <oXygen/> plugin.

As I said the java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError has another cause and the error will be fixed by the next release but the two errors are not related.

Best regards,
Sorin
francisu

I am using build 2005111603

Post by francisu »

All of the errors I have reported are with this build. Let me know if you want to do anything more to gather more information.

I'm running FC4 Linux.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you Francis. With your help we were able to test a patch for the license save problem. The patch was included in the most recent version of the Eclipse plugin (version 6.2.7, build number 2005121310) so now the fix is to simply update your <oXygen/> plugin.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Allen,
acronce wrote:I'm now suspecting that I'm seeing an incompatibility between my installed Eclipse components and Oxygen. A few weeks ago, I installed and updated several Eclipse plugins that were prerequisites for the WOLips plug-in that I need for development. Perhaps these problems started with that update, but I'm not sure.

In any case, here's the error log entry:

Error 2005-11-22 07:17:56.13 Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XSModelImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.D.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.B.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.C.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.B.C.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.A.F.A.B.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.D.J(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.D.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.wsdl.A.B(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.R.getContentAssistant(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.configure(SourceViewer.java:331)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:2517)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:53)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:314)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xml.XMLEditor.createPartControl(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:609)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:223)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2362)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2249)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:371)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:334)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:131)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:153)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:198)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:296)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:869)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:741)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:739)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:968)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1067)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:243)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:238)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:277)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1380)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1404)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1389)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1237)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3060)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2712)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)
Caused by: org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: Schema factory class org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.xs.SchemaDVFactoryImpl does not extend from SchemaDVFactory.
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar$BuiltinSchemaGrammar.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
... 73 more
The exception cannot be caused by WOLips because it does not include any Xerces version. It is another plugin which we don't have installed so we cannot reproduce the error. Please specify the names and versions of the Eclipse plugins that you installed and that are reported in Window -> Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The exception was caused by an Eclipse class loader problem and we fixed it. The next release of <oXygen/> will include the fix. The beta release will also include it and will be announced on the oXygen-user mailing list.

Regards,
Sorin