Problems with the "Find/Replace in Files" dialog

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
smaug42

Problems with the "Find/Replace in Files" dialog

Post by smaug42 »

I'm having a repeatable problem with the Find/Replace in Files dialog.

If I open the Find dialog using the menu - click on Find > Find/Replace in Files and start typing it works as expected - the text I type is shown in the Text to find box and I can select checkboxes, and od a search as normal.

But, if I right click on the project and select Find/Replace in Files and start typing, nothing happens. If I click on the Text to find text box and try typing, still nothing happens. If I click on a checkbox - for example Case sensitive - and then back on theText to find box, and start typing the text shows as it's supposed to and I can complete the search through the project.

This happens 9 times out of 10 when I right-click on the project to do a search.

I'm wondering... is this another case of soemthign unique to my system/install or something that other people can duplicate.

Software:
SUSE 10.0 on kernel 2.6.13-15-default (32bit install)
Java 1.5.0_03-b07
KDE 3.5 (RC1 Level "a")
<oXygen/> 6.2, build2005091711
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I think it is something unique to your system. Does it happen with an older and stable KDE version, for example KDE 3.4 or 3.3 ?

Regards,
Sorin
smaug42

Post by smaug42 »

Hmmmm... well I can't really roll back to an older version of KDE to test - I have some dependancies on the new KDE3.5 (for other apps I'm using). Other people in the office are only using the Eclipse plugin (either on Gnome or KDE) and don't have the same problem I'm having - so it's not easy to test there either.

I made sure I'm using the latest stable build of KDE3.5 (upgraded to latest builds late Friday). The problem went away for a while, but now on Monday, theproblem is back.

The workaround is easy - If I use a right-click to open teh search dialog, I have to click on one of the check boxes and then back in the Text to find field.

No other Java based apps do this (only a few custom apps tested), and no KDE or Gnome based app has a similar problem

Weird that it's just this one thing. Not a huge problem. If you can't duplicate it, then I'm willign to write it off as a quirk of my install :?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is the first time when someone reports such a strange behavior about combo boxes in <oXygen/> dialogs. We can't reproduce it. Is there any other user with a similar problem ?

Regards,
Sorin