Excel to XML conversion

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
vrkanth2

Excel to XML conversion

Post by vrkanth2 »

Hi all,
I have an excel sheet I want to convert the data into xml format, when I tried i got only 2 options "root" and "row", but i have subchild elements also. Can any one please tell me how I can convert this excel data into an XML data in my desired format?

Thanks in advance,
Raj
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In the XML Import Preview area of the Excel import dialog you can see the names of the root element of the result XML document and the elements for the rows and columns of the Excel sheet. With the button Change labels you can change the names of these elements and see the result in the preview area. If you want to create a document with other format you have to create a stylesheet in the XSLT language for transformation from the format created by the Import feature to your format.

Regards,
Sorin
vrkanth2

Post by vrkanth2 »

Hi Sorin,
Thanks a lot for your reply, I will try with XSLT to transform the file into my desired format.

Raj
faraz

Post by faraz »

Thanx 4 letting us know abt the conversion.I was facing some difficulty but after reading this,i m successful.Thanx.
mphare

Post by mphare »

If you get a copy of OpenOffice (free) it can open your XL spreadsheet and same it as XML with all the sheets, rows and columns intact.
--------------------------

- mike

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876