can't add content in the < fo:block break-before="page"> for DITA OT PDF plugin

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
lisazeng

can't add content in the < fo:block break-before="page"> for DITA OT PDF plugin

Post by lisazeng »

Hi all,

I use the DITA OT 2.5.

in the DITA OT PDF plugin, I want to add a new company disclaimer page after the cover page.
in the front-matter.xsl
<xsl:template name="createFrontCoverContents">
<!--for the seconde page-->
<fo:block break-before="page">
</fo:block>

This works and I have new blank page after the cover page.
however, when I want to add some contents in the second page like this

<!--for the seconde page-->
<fo:block break-before="page">

<fo:block margin-top="10pt">
<fo:block text-align="right">
Disclaimer

Then I got the error from oxygen,
Severity: error
Description: [fop] [ERROR] Anttask - Error rendering fo file: D:\test\temp\oxy-ug-pdf\oxygen_dita_temp\topic.fo <org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException

How can I solve this error as a novice.

Thanks!
Radu

Re: can't add content in the < fo:block break-before="page"> for DITA OT PDF plugin

Post by Radu »

Hi,

It looks like your XSL-FO file is invalid.
After the publishing fails there is a "DITA OT" console view at the bottom of Oxygen showing more details about the failure, including probably the line in the XSL-FO where the problem was found. You can open the XSL-FO file in Oxygen and maybe see what's wrong with it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
lisazeng

Re: can't add content in the < fo:block break-before="page"> for DITA OT PDF plugin

Post by lisazeng »

Hi Radu,

I fixed all errors. and it seems that I can't use more parameters in <fo:block break-before="page" >.

if I use more parameters in this block, there is error shows however when I go to the specific fo file, there is green block on the right side of code. no specific error there.

why I can't have more parameters for this block <fo:block break-before="page" > and its inner block with front can't shown in the new blank page.

Thanks!
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

In order to help further I would need to know how the XSL:FO block looked initially when the error was reported, what the reported error message looked like (the last part in the DITA OT console view after the publishing failed).

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
lisazeng

Post by lisazeng »

Hi Radu,

Good news is that I can pass the running now.
I just make multi parameter in multi lines and didn't combine them into the same line. so the pdf is shown now.

However, as for the fo:block code below, a new page is created but no content is shown even though there is a block contains message "The information in this document applies solely to the hardware/software product (“Product”) specified herein, and only as specified herein."

<fo:block break-before="page"
front-size= "8pt"
color="#68717A"
text-align="left"
margin-bottom="10mm"
margin-left="10mm">
<fo:block line-height="130%">
The information in this document applies solely to the hardware/software product (“Product”) specified herein, and only as specified herein.

do you know how to track it?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

There seems to be nothing wrong with your fo:block but probably it's the context in which it resides in the XSL-FO.
Without having an entire XSL-FO to look at it's hard to say what's wrong.
There is a public users list where you may ask XSL-FO questions:

https://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

Ideally you can create a trimmed-down XSL-FO file and ask there.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
lisazeng

Post by lisazeng »

Hi Radu,

Thanks very much! I am checking it and hope it works.

br,
Lisa