Transformation Fail for samples (v19)

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Hav09

Transformation Fail for samples (v19)

Post by Hav09 »

Hi - I looked through documentation and forum resources and haven't found anything helpful so I reaching out to the forum.
I'm trying to use out of the box transformation scenarios for a couple of the samples and get the unhelpful "Transformation Failed". The log shows this (also not immediately helpful):

Code: Select all

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\build.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\plugins\org.dita.base\build_init.xml:177: Directory C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\samples\dita\mobile-phone\out\webhelp creation was not successful for an unknown reason
I've never tried creating transformations for the samples before so am not sure if I can just point to them and transform. Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere? I did successfully transform my own ditamap to the same out-of-the-box (PDF and classic WebHelp) without issue.

The details:
- Samples trying: mobilePhone.ditamap and garage.ditamap.
- Trying and failing scenarios: DITA Map PDF and DITA Map WebHelp Classic.
Validate and Check for Completeness shows successful.
Thanks for your help!
Linda

---
Also - if you have documentation for using the samples I don't find it. If you don't have it, probably would be helpful.
Radu

Re: Transformation Fail for samples (v19)

Post by Radu »

Hi Linda,

When installed on Windows in the Program Files folder and run by the current user, Oxygen is not allowed to create or modify new files or folders in its own installation folder.
You can try to manually copy the samples folder C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\samples\ some place where you have full write access (maybe on your Desktop), open the DITA Maps from there and publish them.

About this remark:
Also - if you have documentation for using the samples I don't find it. If you don't have it, probably would be helpful.
I will add an internal note for our tech writers to consider.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com