WSDL SOAP Analyser

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
burns

WSDL SOAP Analyser

Post by burns »

Feature requests on the WSDL SOAP Analyser:
- the URL and SOAP Action fields should be editable
- right clicking on a soap request/response brings up an incomplete menu (should have cut, copy, paste etc)
- When a WSSC file is opened the other operations associated with that WSDL are unavailable
Radu

Post by Radu »

Dear Burns,

Your feature requests make a lot of sense and we addded them on our TODO list.

Regards, Radu.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi

We thought a bit about the third enhancement idea you proposed (saving all operations to the WSSC file).
The WSSC file is intended to be like a snapshot of the current WSDL Dialog state. If we save all the operations in the WSSC file, opening the WSSC file would be identical to analysing the original WSDL file.
I think you could get the same result by saving the WSDL file locally and analysing it. Was that the usecase you wanted?

Regards, Radu.
burns

Post by burns »

Hi,
If we save all the operations in the WSSC file, opening the WSSC file would be identical to analysing the original WSDL file.
This is not true because the WSSC contains the data I have saved for that request. When you analyse the original WSDL, the data in the request is the defaults provided by oXygen.

The basic problem is that after I open and send a WSSC I need to start a new dialog and re-analyze the WSDL to invoke another operation on the same service. It's not a major issue but can get quite tedious at times...

Also another possible enhancement could be to allow multiple WSDL Analyser dialogs to be open at the same time (useful for when you're testing/interacting with several services concurrently).

Thanks!
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi

A workaround for your problem would be to save a snapshot for each of your operations containing the request to send in a separate WSSC file.
Then in the WSDL Dialog there is an "Open" button with which you can open a WSSC file without closing the dialog.
Another way to use the dialog with multiple WSDL files would be to add the files to the current project, then right click them and choose Open With -> WSDL Analyser without the need to close the dialog.

Regards, Radu.