Translating strings.php

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
jasone

Translating strings.php

Post by jasone »

Hi,
I'm building Responsive WebHelp (no feedback) for a product that is coded in node.js. The WebHelp will be translated, and someone found this file in the output and wondered if the strings in here need translating:

...\out\webhelp-responsive\oxygen-webhelp\resources\localization\strings.php

I read your documentation and I think the strings.php file contains static UI labels for the feedback feature that is available only if you choose to build that type of output (Responsive WebHelp with Feedback). I think this because the feedback feature requires a web server, SQL server, and PHP server. The PHP server must be what uses strings.php. Also, the messages themselves look to me like messages pertaining to a feedback system.

Is this correct?

Thanks.
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Translating strings.php

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

Yes, this is the case. The "strings.php" file is used only for the feedback system of the WebHelp output. This file is not needed if the WebHelp is generated without feedback and you don't need to translate those strings if yo are not using feedback module.
I've also registered an issue in our internal issue tracking system to avoid generating the "strings.php" file when WebHelp without feedback is published.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jasone

Re: Translating strings.php

Post by jasone »

Thank you!