Order of filenames in project view

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
friedemann_bach

Order of filenames in project view

Post by friedemann_bach »

Dear Forum,

I have an issue concerning filename sort ordering in Oxygen 17 and 18. In Oxygen 17, filenames in the project view were ordered alphabetically, while Oxygen 18 seems to prefer numeric order. So in one version, 41XXXX comes before 3605XX, while in the other version 3605XX comes before 41XXXX. Is there any way to define sort order project-wise or globally?
adrian

Re: Order of filenames in project view

Post by adrian »

Hi,
Is there any way to define sort order project-wise or globally?
No. The sort order is not user configurable. Only file/folder filters can be configured at project level.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
friedemann_bach

Thanks for the information, that is good to know! Is there any chance that the sort order this will be configurable in one of the next versions?
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

I have logged a feature request on our issue tracking tool for the possibility to configure the sort order in the Project view.
However, I'm not sure if a lexicographic sort order (like v17 had) would be an option. This is under discussion. Lexicographic sort order is now considered a limited use case and most OSs have dropped it in favor of natural sorting.

If I may ask, why would you want the old lexicographic sort?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
friedemann_bach

The reason why I was asking was that we are organizing our files by a system that prefers lexicographic order, in our case it is historical dates: e.g. "360501" would mean "1st of May, 1836". For uncertain dates we are inserting XX, e.g. 3605XX would mean "May 1836". I think we could reorganize our files to the new sorting order - and this would probably be a good idea, as our OS uses natural search as well. We would have to do that before we switch to the new Oxygen version, and I was just hoping that this issue could be resolved easily. Nevertheless, thank you!
HomeGoods

Post by HomeGoods »

Whenever I open DITA-OT2.x/plugins directory in the project view, I'm at a loss to find "com.oxygenxml.webhelp" among this list:

Code: Select all

com.oxygenxml.editlink
com.oxygenxml.webhelp
com.oxygenxml.export.map
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

@HomeGoods: I'm afraid that's a bug in the natural sorting from Oxygen.
I've logged this to our issue tracking tool to be investigated and resolved. For reference it is issue EXM-39608.
We will notify this thread when it is resolved.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza