MS Office Word transformation fails

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Fredrik_Lönn

MS Office Word transformation fails

Post by Fredrik_Lönn »

I am trying to run the "DITA Map MS Office Word" transformation on my ditamap. The "DITA Map Pdf" transformation works well.

I receive the following error message:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\build.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 19\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\plugins\org.dita.base\build_preprocess.xml:21: [DOTA002F][FATAL] Input file is not specified, or is specified using the wrong parameter.
Any ideas? Should I not run this with DITA-OT2.x?

Best Regards,
Fredrik
Costin

Re: MS Office Word transformation fails

Post by Costin »

Hi Fredrik_Lönn,

I tried but could not reproduce this.
In oXygen XML Editor v19, I applied the transformation over the flowers.ditamap from the sample project and it ran and completed smoothly.
From the oXygen user interface I used the predefined "DITA Map MS Office Word" scenario, with the default parameters, as it comes configured in oXygen XML Editor.

What version of oXygen XML are you using?
How are you running the transformation scenario? Are you trying to apply the scenario from the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) in oXygen?
And if you do so, have you tinkered with the scenario's parameters, changing any of them (which ones)?
Are you using the default DITA OT bundled in oXygen?

In case you did edit the scenario and changed any of the parameters, could you please let us know which ones? If you are not sure of that, you could export the transformation scenario you have associated and are trying to run, then send it to us for investigation on our official support email, at: support AT oxygenxml DOT com

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Fredrik_Lönn

Post by Fredrik_Lönn »

Hi Costin!

Thank you for a good checklist. I realized that I am using an external DITA-OT. When I switched to the internal 2.x, the transform completed without errors, but when opening the file in Word 2016, I get an error that says:
We're sorry. We can't open [filename] because we found a problem with its contents.
When clicking the "Details>>>" button, the only explanation is:
The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
Internal DITA-OT 1.8 gives the same error as my external DITA.

I use Oxygen 19.0.

I tried running the transformation on the flowers.ditamap file.
My external DITA - failed (Input file is not specified, or is specified using the wrong parameter.)
Oxygen DITA 2.x - OK
Oxygen DITA 1.8 - failed (Input file is not specified, or is specified using the wrong parameter.)

Any obvious things to look for?

Best Regards,
Fredrik
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Fredrik,

The DITA to Word publishing in Oxygen is based on this plugin:
https://github.com/jelovirt/com.elovirta.ooxml

Ideally in cases when MS Word cannot open the generated document you could try to create a small DITA project exhibiting the problem and either add an issue on the project's GitHub account or send us the samples (support@oxygenxml.com) and we could test this on our side and add an issue.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com