Expand/Collapse not working as expected in webhelp responsive tasks

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
misti

Expand/Collapse not working as expected in webhelp responsive tasks

Post by misti »

There is an expand collapse icon being added in webhelp responsive task files. It looks like it is being added with a couple of H2s (About this Task and Procedure). However, the div is being closed immediately after the H2 so the content to be expanded/collapsed is sitting outside of the div, so it looks like it just doesn't work.

Using Oxygen 18.1, webhelp responsive green template, DITA, and XML 1.0.

I can see that it's working properly in the Oxygen 19 help system topics. Is there something I need to adjust in our transform so the task content is wrapped in the div? Code from inspector copied below with our help text removed.

<section class="section context"><div class="tasklabel"><h2 class="sectiontitle tasklabel"><span class="wh_expand_btn expanded"></span>About this task</h2></div>
<p class="p">You can use...</p>

<p class="p">When you import a file...</p>

<p class="p">Once the import has run....</p>

<p class="p">To ....</p>

</section>
<div class="tasklabel"><h2 class="sectiontitle tasklabel"><span class="wh_expand_btn expanded"></span>Procedure</h2></div>
<ol class="ol steps"><li class="li step stepexpand">
<span class="ph cmd">
Navigate to...
</span>
</li>
</ol>
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Expand/Collapse not working as expected in webhelp responsive tasks

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

Unfortunately the expand/collapse button is not working for task labels generated by DITA-OT.
The expand/collapse button was removed for these elements in Oxygen v19.
My colleague registered an issue to DITA-OT for an extra container to be added in this case: https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/2608.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com