batch-validation and filenames with errors

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
jta

batch-validation and filenames with errors

Post by jta »

I have often to validate over 500 xml-files in one step. The way with the project is very comfortable.

But when I get the big list of the errormessages, then I can't see, wich files are not valid. I have to klick through all errors to find it out.

Does somebody know a way, how I could see the not valid filenames in a list or that tey are marked somehow?

joseph
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Joseph,

The errors are reported in a table that in one column shows the system ID. Looking there you should be able to see all the system IDs that contain errors.

In the future you will be able to choose a tree layout for errors that will group the errors by system ID so you will get as children of the root tree all the system IDs that contain errors.

Hope that helps,
George
jta

yes it helps!

Post by jta »

Hi George,

yes it helps! Thank you for your quick reply.

I copy/pasted the Errorfile into a Texteditor, where I could replace the <CR> to TAB. So it was possible to import it into a Database. Where it's easy to see similar errors or do any reporting.

Is it possible to export the Errorfile (Text with TAB would be my favorite)?

Oxygen is a really great Tool!

Sepp
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to export the messages displayed in the views for Errors, XPath, Find results as plain text, but the separator is CR/LF, not TAB. Right-click in the result view and select "Save Results".

Regards,
Sorin