Default colors for xi:include in programlisting unreadable

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
johanp

Default colors for xi:include in programlisting unreadable

Post by johanp »

I use include for programlisting elements.
However switching to the Dark theme the default settings makes included text unreadable.

In dark-theme.css the text color for programlisting is set as "

Code: Select all

color:#179C32 !important;
" which is a light:ish green. This is fine for a dark background. However, for a reason I cannot figure out the text background of any text included with an "Xinclude" statement becomes grey (just the text background - not the overall block background) - (I set the parse element of the include to "text")

I've tried to figure out how the included text gets its grey text-background but I'm apparently not enough of a css wiz to figure this out. I cannot even find the color code which is used for the background which makes me think its some kind of inherited blended color.

So I guess this is
a) A minor bug report (since the text by default is not readable) when using include in a programlisting element
b) Question how I can change the text-background color until a version where this is fixed?

Cheers!
Johan
Radu

Re: Default colors for xi:include in programlisting unreadable

Post by Radu »

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the report, I will add an internal issue for this.
In the "dark-theme.css" there is a CSS selector like:

Code: Select all

oxy|reference,
oxy|entity{
background-color: rgb(128,128,128) !important;
}
That is the color you should try to change. For each xi:include Oxygen creates a special node called a "reference" node pointing to the external content. And it is usually styled in a way to signify that it is read-only content.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
johanp

Post by johanp »

Thanks!

Changing this fixed the issue I was having.

(When you address this issue might I suggest you set the entire background color of the (reference) block and not just the text-background?)

Cheers!
Johan
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Johan,
When you address this issue might I suggest you set the entire background color of the (reference) block and not just the text-background?
I think this behavior comes from the fact that the oxy|reference node is considered in this case an inline element. An xi:include may also occur in the middle of a paragraph to refer to some product name for example so it makes sense for the oxy|reference to prefer being an inline element. Only a block element can change the background of the entire rectangle in which it is placed.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Just to update this thread, the latest Oxygen version 19.0 we just released should have the proposed color changes implemented.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor