stoping xQuery transformation in eXist datasource takes very long

Oxygen general issues.
duncdrum

stoping xQuery transformation in eXist datasource takes very long

Post by duncdrum »

I have configured oXygen to connect to my development eXist-db (v2.2) via preferences -> add datasource etc. I use oXygen as editor to run xQuery scripts stored in my db (via associate transformation scenario), all is running great. However, I notice that when I wish to interrupt a running transformation by clicking on the red square "stop transformation" in the editor. The command does not seem to get executed on the server.
If i abort the transformation via eXist-db's monex app, the process is killed within a few seconds, I have yet to wait long enough for the stop instruction send from oXygen to actually take effect (10min+).
It seems that oXygen's connection to exist doesn't quite execute aborts the same way eXist does. It would be a great deal more convenient if abort could be more reliably triggered from inside oXygen.

To test take any Xquery that requires a few minutes of execution, and press abort after a few seconds of it running. wait…
Start the same query again from within oXygen and click stop execution in the Running Queries section of eXist-db monex app.
Radu

Re: stoping xQuery transformation in eXist datasource takes very long

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Thanks for the report, I added an internal issue and we'll try to find some time to look into this. In my opinion probably the stop does not do anything when running the XQuery on Exist, it just waits until the transformation ends.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
duncdrum

Post by duncdrum »

Thanks for looking into it. From the outside it looks like a fixable problem.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I looked a little bit into this, unfortunately it seems that we do not have API to signal the Exist sever to stop an xquery execution.
We us an Exist developed Java connector to invoke various operations (like running the XQuery) but there seems to be nothing in the org.exist.xmldb.RemoteXPathQueryService API allowing us to stop the execution of the XQuery.
I will also try to get in touch with some Exist developers, maybe they can give me some more ideas.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com