WebHelp Responsive: Translation of breadcrumb string "Home"

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Anonymous1

WebHelp Responsive: Translation of breadcrumb string "Home"

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hi,

we would like to use the breadcrumb links in our WebHelp Responsive output. The "Home" link that is generated, is always called "Home", no matter the output language. I found the file where this happens (navigationLinks.xsl) but am not sure what the best method would be to have this string translated for each output language.

The string would ideally be part of the string files. Having strings inside the XSL code is difficult to handle when you have to deliver documentation in several languages.
radu_pisoi

Re: WebHelp Responsive: Translation of breadcrumb string "Home"

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It seems the Home label is not translated in the WebHelp translation files. If you have a translation for it, you can fix this problem
by opening the translation files from the DITA_OT_DIR/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp/oxygen-webhelp/resources/localization folder.

Translation files have the strings-lang1-lang2.xml name format, where lang1 and lang2 are ISO language codes. For example, the US English text is kept in the strings-en-us.xml file.

For more details, please see the Localizing the Interface of WebHelp Output (for DITA Map Transformations) topic from our documentation:
http://oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/18.1/ ... bhelp.html
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Anonymous1

Re: WebHelp Responsive: Translation of breadcrumb string "Home"

Post by Anonymous1 »

Thank you for your help.

I just ran the DITA OT Integrator transformation for another reason and just realized that this has also added the "Home" string to the language string files. Before that, I didn't see them there. Now I got it.