Can I have 2 different WebHelp transformation scenarios?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

Can I have 2 different WebHelp transformation scenarios?

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi,
I have 2 transformation scenarios configured in oXygen Author which are customisations of the WebHelp Responsive scenario.
I want to configure different ditaval files for each in their Filters tab. However every time I specify a ditaval file beside the Use DITAVAL file: label for one it overrides the value for the other to be the same ditaval file :-|
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
radu_pisoi

Re: Can I have 2 different WebHelp transformation scenarios?

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

I cannot reproduce your problem using oXygen Author 18.1.

I've configured two transformation scenarios, each transformation scenario with its own DITAVAL file and output folder.

I did not find any problem in the WebHelp output folders after I run the transformation scenarios. Both WebHelp outputs were profiled accordingly.

Could you give us more details about your use case? What version of oXygen are you using?
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Radu,
Ok, I see now what was happening. I selected one of my customised WebHelp transformations in the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) popup, set the ditaval file value and saved that scenario. I then deselected that scenario and selected my other customised WebHelp scenario and went to set its ditaval file value only to find it was set the same as my first scenario.
I didn't look up to see the name of the scenario that I was editing but the editor hadn't actually switched to the second scenario and I was still editing the first scenario. I have found that happening often if I don't wait a second or 2 between deselecting and selecting scenarios on the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) popup.
Regards,
Ann
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

BTW I am using XML Author 18.1, build 2016102619
Regards,
Ann
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi Ann,
I didn't look up to see the name of the scenario that I was editing but the editor hadn't actually switched to the second scenario and I was still editing the first scenario. I have found that happening often if I don't wait a second or 2 between deselecting and selecting scenarios on the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) popup.
We cannot reproduce this situation. Maybe there's a setting that triggers this.
Could you please provide a screenshot of the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) dialog with your scenario selected? Please sent it to our support email address, support@oxygenxml.com

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com