non-breaking space

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
le_jax

non-breaking space

Post by le_jax »

Hello,

I use oXygenXML and docbook to write books, in french. And french language use a lot of non-breaking space (before each double sign like : or ; ) for example.

I koww that I can use   but, after writing I use a word corrector which doesn't like entites.

So f you can add with "Show TAB/EOL/EOF marks" something like "Show non-breaking space" I will be very happy. :)

Jacques
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Applications that check the spelling have a learn feature for adding words like &nbsp; to the list of ignored words (treated as correct words) when finding it the first time. Something like the Learn button of the check spelling dialog in <oXygen/>. If the word corrector does not support that you can use the check spelling feature of <oXygen/>.

Regards,
Sorin
le_jax

Post by le_jax »

Hello,

I know I can to that, but it's not really a good idea. The grammar and ponctuation checker can recognize &nbps; as a non-to-check word, but It will still telling me "the a missing non-breaking space before :"

Anf the integrated spell checker doesn't check the french ponctuation.

That why I ask for this feature.

Jacques
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Is showing a special mark for the character with code 160 what you need ? Does the word corrector recognize that character ?

Best regards,
Sorin