An additional value in dropdown for oXygen 18

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Raga Mounika

An additional value in dropdown for oXygen 18

Post by Raga Mounika »

Hi Team,

For my customization I have added some dropdowns and these worked fine in oxygen 17.
When I am using the same code in oxygen 18 I observe an additional value <empty> in the dropdown( on clicking the dropdown the first value by default is <empty> ). How can I remove <empty> in the list?
There is missmatch in checkbox and dropdown font as well from oxygen 17 to oxygen 18. How can I make the font similar?

Regards,
Mounika
alex_jitianu

Re: An additional value in dropdown for oXygen 18

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Mounika,

In version 18 the combo box has received a new parameter: canRemoveValue. If the value is set to true and the combo box is not editable, then a new <Empty> value is added in that combo box. This clears or removes the value being edited, depending on if it edits an element or attribute. Have you by any chance set this property on your combo boxes?
There is mismatch in checkbox and dropdown font as well from oxygen 17 to oxygen 18. How can I make the font similar?
You can use the CSS Inspector to inspect what CSS rules match on those elements. I suggest you do this in both oxygen 17 and in oxygen 18 and compare the results. You will see what other rule is applying in version 18 and it's setting a different font.

Best regards,
Alex
Raga Mounika

Post by Raga Mounika »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick response.For dropdown I didnt set any new parameter "canRemoveValue". I gave the same code in oXygen17, oXygen18 for dropdown and font issue.Please go through the below code for reference.

oXygen17
code for dropdown issue:

Code: Select all

*[class~="topic/p"]:before(5){
content:
oxy_combobox(
edit, "@outputclass",
editable, false,
labels, ",condensed, pgwide, cond pgwide"
values, ",condensed, pgwide, condensed pgwide",
columns,13,fontInherit,true);
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:8px;
}
Code for font change issue in checkbox:

[class~="task/s"]:before(5) {
content:
oxy_checkbox(edit, "@outputclass",
values, "pgwide",
uncheckedValues," ",
labels, "pgwide",
fontInherit,true);
}

oXygen18
Code for dropdown issue:

*[class~="topic/p"]:before(5){
content:
oxy_combobox(
edit, "@outputclass",
editable, false,
labels, ",condensed, pgwide, cond pgwide"
values, ",condensed, pgwide, condensed pgwide",
columns,13,fontInherit,true);
}
Code for font change issue in checkbox:

[class~="task/s"]:before(5) {
content:
oxy_checkbox(edit, "@outputclass",
values, "pgwide",
uncheckedValues," ",
labels, "pgwide",
fontInherit,true);
}

Both the codes are same and I am getting this issue.Please help me with possible solution.
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Mounika,

For the dropdown issue, to remove that empty entry you must remove the starting comma from the values and labels properties. They should be like this:

labels, "condensed, pgwide, cond pgwide"
values, "condensed, pgwide, condensed pgwide",
For the font issue. From the CSS it looks like the font for the checkbox should be 8px tall and use a family of "arial, helvetica or sans-serif". I couldn't test it because I don't know what element I need in order for the selector to mach ([class~="task/s"]) but I put the property on a "p" element and the font was as expected. What exactly happens? How does the font differ what is the name of the element?

Best regards,
Alex
Raga Mounika

Post by Raga Mounika »

Hi Alex,

For dropdown issue I gave an empty space because- when I click on pgwide it activates and later if I do not require pgwide simply I can click on empty space ie., first row. But in oxygen18 it is not showing as empty space in stead it is showing <Empty> (I donot want this).

For font size issue I gave checkbox in <steps> element.

Regards,
Mounika
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,
But in oxygen18 it is not showing as empty space in stead it is showing <Empty> (I donot want this).
What version and build are you using? To find out, go to Help->About. I've tested in <oXygen/> XML Editor 18.1, build 2016102619 and I don't see this label. Please use the CSS Inspector to make sure the rule you've sent me is the actual one matching on the element (perhaps there is another one with the who's "labels" property contain that '<empty>' term. )
For font size issue I gave checkbox in <steps> element.
Again, putting that rule in the DITA CSSs from <oXygen/> XML Editor 18.1, build 2016102619, I don't see any issue. The CSS Inspector can help you understand what's happening. Inspect the styles for the 'steps' element and inside the CS Inspector select the :before(5) tab. You will see if another rule is setting a different font size.

Best regards,
Alex
Raga Mounika

Post by Raga Mounika »

Hi Alex,

I am using oXygen Author Eclipse plugin version(18). So I observe this faulty behavior in dropdown. Can you please suggest how to remove that <Empty> tag.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Mounika
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Mounika,

Have you followed Alex's advice? If this still does not work for you, maybe you can put together a sample XML and CSS file on which the problem can be reproduced, then zip and send them to our email address (support@oxygenxml.com).

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com