Clicking "Add [table] Column After" can break XHTML structure

Oxygen general issues.
RBVanDyke

Clicking "Add [table] Column After" can break XHTML structure

Post by RBVanDyke »

For oXygen XML Editor 18, Windows 7 64-bit.

IF I use oXygen to create a new XHTML file, AND insert a table into that file, AND in Author mode, in the table's rightmost column, I click Insert a new table column after..., THEN the inserted column inserts a misplaced <col /> tag into the XHTML. This results in oXygen's XHTML validator reporting an error.

I have screenshots but can't figure out how to upload them to illustrate the problem. So I'll try with text only.

1. I begin in Author mode with a new XHTML file. I add a table to that file. Part of that XHTML must be a ColGroup structure as follows:

Code: Select all

<colgroup>
<col class="col01" />
<col class="col02" />
<col class="col03" />
</colgroup>
--> At this point the entire XHTML file validates with zero errors.

2. In Author mode and Tags display mode == Full Tags, I place the insertion point in the rightmost column of the table to enable the table authoring icons in the toolbar, then in the toolbar click Insert a new table column after the current one.

--> oXygen adds a column to the right side of the table at which point the the Author mode editing window includes red error indicators -- the XHTML no longer validates without error.

3. I return to Text mode. The XHTML now contains the following:

Code: Select all

<colgroup>
<col class="col01" />
<col class="col02" />
<col class="col03" />
</colgroup>
<col />
--> Clicking Insert a new table column after... added a new table column to the right side of the table BUT inserted the associated <col /> tag outside of the ColGroup structure. The XHMTL no longer validates without error.

NOTE:
  • If I click Insert a new table column... in the RIGHTMOST column of a table, this immediately breaks the structure of the XHTML.
  • If I click in a column that is NOT rightmost, the tag is still inserted but because it's inserted within the ColGroup structure no error occurs.
Cheers & thanks for your help,
Riley
mihaela

Re: Clicking "Add [table] Column After" can break XHTML structure

Post by mihaela »

Hi Riley,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Indeed, there are some problems with table related operations in XHTML 5 documents.
We will solve this and we will let you know when the fix will be available.

Best regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

I am glad to let you know that the problem related to the insertion of a new table column from the rightmost existing one in XHTML has been fixed in the newly released oXygen 18.1.

All the best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
RBVanDyke

Post by RBVanDyke »

sorin_carbunaru wrote:...the problem related to the insertion of a new table column from the rightmost existing one in XHTML has been fixed in the newly released oXygen 18.1.
Yep -- just verified that it now works as expected.

Cheers & thanks,
Riley
SFO