Video guide on XML Catalogs

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Aliahc

Video guide on XML Catalogs

Post by Aliahc »

It's not quite a feature request for the actual tool, but a request for some demo on how to make the most of XML catalogs. I believe it is a powerful tool to overcome the shortcoming of custom frameworks relying on only one schema rather than the ability to use multiple connected schemas, which normally an XML document would be able to handle.

I myself am new to it, and I am wasting valuable professional hours trying to figure out how to use XML catalogs on my own to overcome this single-schema shortcoming of what is otherwise a good capability of Web Author to allow custom frameworks.

Hoping we can have such a demo soon in the video section!
Radu

Re: Video guide on XML Catalogs

Post by Radu »

Hi,

We will consider this but your use case is not very common, the WebApp is usually used by collaborators who are not proficient in modifying schemas. How consistent will be your collection of XML's if each engineer decides to modify the Schema for the XML that they came in contact with? For most companies the decision to modify the schema (or Schematron) validation rules is taken in a centralized manner in order to insure all the XML files adhere to certain consistency rules.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com