Creating acronym and trademark entries

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
akmenting

Creating acronym and trademark entries

Post by akmenting »

I just switched from XMetal to Oxygen and I can't figure out how to create simple acronym definitions. I looked through creating glossary entries, but I don't want to create a directory of acronyms at the end of the document, just have the writers tag each acronym and have it defined on the first instance in the topic, only. Same thing with trademarks, is there a way to tag these instead of doing a manual entry each time? I don't know if I need to create a collection file? With XML, I had a simple acronyms.xml file that included all defintions and trademarks, and I used ph tags and a couple other attributes to have it automatically define.
Radu

Re: Creating acronym and trademark entries

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Both XMetal and Oxygen are DITA compatible so you can probably continue with your usual approach of using the acronyms.xml. Oxygen has a toolbar button called "Reuse Content" which can be used to insert a content reference to an element which has the ID defined in a file.
If I did not completely understand your situation maybe you could give me more DITA example code of how your old approach worked.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
akmenting

Re: Creating acronym and trademark entries

Post by akmenting »

Thank you so much!