Same font for the GUI

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Roger

Same font for the GUI

Post by Roger »

6.2 does not use the same font for the top menu bar as the selected font for the editor. The file tabs are in the correct font.

See support@ mail for screen shot.

Thanks,
Roger
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Roger,

The font and color for the menu, dialog title bar and other window properties are set by the native window theme active in the operating system. For example in Windows you can change the menu font by going to Control Panel - Display - Appearance - Advanced and selecting Menu in the Item combo box.

Regards,
Sorin
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thank you for the information. Is there something I can do in 'Windows' that would make the oxygen menu display the same size as the other applications? Please see the attached screenshot which shows the oxygen menu fonts much smaller than the desktop fonts and the menu in the Mozilla Thunderbird application.

Roger
Roger

Menu font on Win 2K

Post by Roger »

Oh, sorry. This is on W2K advanced server. Maybe other Windows works differently??

Changing the menu fonts display item to bold does not bold the Oxygen menu display either but does bold all other applications menu displays.

[quote="Roger"]Thank you for the information. Is there something I can do in 'Windows' that would make the oxygen menu display the same size as the other applications? Please see the attached screenshot which shows the oxygen menu fonts much smaller than the desktop fonts and the menu in the Mozilla Thunderbird application.

Roger[/quote]
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Restart <oXygen/> so that the font changes take effect in the menu bar and the window of <oXygen/>.

Regards,
Sorin
Roger

Post by Roger »

Actually, I restart Oxygen quite often. I also restart the whole computer but it doesn't have any effect. I have sent you another screen shot of the problem to support@..

Roger
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Do you use a Java 1.4.2 virtual machine ? The Java 1.4.2 virtual machine does not use the native font size for menus. Switch to Java 1.5, because it is better integrated with the native platform. The font size and color of Java menus come from the native environment. You can see the version number of the JVM that runs <oXygen/> as the value of the java.vm.version property available in Help - About - System properties.

Regards,
Sorin
Roger

Post by Roger »

Ah! That works. But how do I get oxygen to start using JVM 1.5? If I start oxygen using oxygen.bat, it uses java.vm.version 1.5.0_01-b08 and the menu fonts are correct. If I start oxygen using oxygen.exe, it uses JMV 1.4.x

How do I use JMV 1.5 without using the .bat to start? I tried a reinstall but it had no effect.

Thanks for your help!

Roger
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Roger,

You need to edit the ini file, see the second Note in the Installation Instructions in the user manual:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/ ... tions.html

Best Regards,
George
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks! Works great! Oxygen keeps getting better!

Roger