Bookmap errors and format

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
alsequeira81

Bookmap errors and format

Post by alsequeira81 »

Hello everybody,

I am new in this forum and using oXygen. So, I would really appreciate any help you can provide me with.

In our company, we migrated from XMetal to oXygen our DITA content. They told us that we were going to be able to write our bookmaps the same way we did it with XMetal. Before I tried publishing an existing bookmap, I decided to create a new bookmap using the template created for our companies' paperwork. However, it seems it is not really compatible with oXygen. Unless I am doing something wrong when publishing.

The issues I have are:

1. The cover page I insert in the front-matter does not appear in the published PDF, missing some logos and the cover image.

2.The preface section (that includes customer service information and legal disclaimers), which is already part of the front-matter template, is published after the TOC and as another part or chapter of the bookmap. It actually should go before the TOC.

Do you think you can help me? Please let me know if you need any other information in order to clarify my question.

Thanks very much,

Ana Sequeira :D
Radu

Re: Bookmap errors and format

Post by Radu »

Hi Anna,

What version of Oxygen are you using?
When editing XML content there are two aspects:

1) The editing part.Both Oxygen and XMetal should produce valid DITA topics and you can use either one of them in your team for editing.

2) The publishing part. Oxygen 18.0 comes bundled with two versions of the DITA Open Toolkit. You can see what DITA Open Toolkit is used in the Oxygen Preferences->DITA page.

XMetal probably comes with its own DITA OT installation, I'm not sure how it is customized out of the box or if you had some specific PDF output customizations that you installed in that DITA OT. So indeed the output might differ.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
alsequeira81

Post by alsequeira81 »

Hello Radu,

My oXygen version is 15.2.

Do you think this might be the reason?

Thanks,
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Oxygen 15.2 is indeed quite old, it comes bundled with the DITA Open Toolkit 1.7 publishing engine. So this might contribute to the problem. But as I previously said you might get differences in the published output no matter what Oxygen version you are migrating to.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com