Chunking?

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
floubi

Chunking?

Post by floubi »

Hello,

I am trying to create some software documentation using DocBook and Oxygen 6.2. I would like to format the HTML output in a samilar way to the Oxygen documentation:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.htm

i.e. split into sections or chapter and possibly the option of having frames/no frames rather than having the whole document on one big page.

I have tried using chunker.xsl/chunk.xsl but not having much luck so far as I can't find any documentation anywhere.

Thanks
Steph
floubi

Post by floubi »

Sorry for wasting your time, I have answered my own question... I thought chunk.xsl didn't work because I just got a blank page when running the transformation in oxygen but it did actually write the files in the oxygen root directory instead.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Yes, you can specify the directory where the files should be written using the base.dir parameter. If you look at stylesheet parameters when configuring the transformation scenario oXygen will show for base.dir:

Code: Select all

base.dir

base.dir
The base directory of chunks

Description

If specified, the base.dir identifies
the output directory for chunks. (If not specified, the output directory
is system dependent.)
Default value: ''
The default value is empty and means the current directory which is the oXygen root directory in your case.

Best Regards,
George
floubi

Post by floubi »

Thanks George. What would be the best way to specify an base dire relative to my working directory? I tried setting the base.dir to ${cfd}/ouput via the 'Configure transformation scenario' interface in Oxygen but that didn't seem to work, it still generated the files in the Oxygen directory instead. Do I have to hard-code the full path to my working directory? I would like to avoid doing this as I eventually am planning to use the documents on more than one computer.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You don't have to hard-code the full path. Just use '/' to terminate the value of the base.dir parameter because the stylesheet appends the output file name to that value without adding the terminating '/'. For

Code: Select all

${cfd}/ouput/
the output will be generated in the output subdirectory of the directory containing the source XML document.

Best regards,
Sorin
floubi

Post by floubi »

Thanks, that worked. I had left out the trailing / and instead it prefixed all the files with 'output' ...