Folding Capabilities and Folding Behavior

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
ryanhanks

Folding Capabilities and Folding Behavior

Post by ryanhanks »

Hello,

If at any point in these descriptions my desires become unclear, I'll be more than happy to clairify.

I would like to be able to specify the option of having all nodes of the document node (and their descendants) to be folded when I open a document. In addition, I would also like to be able to perform obtain this state via a keyboard shortcut. I don't enjoy traversing to the nearest child node of the document node and pressing ctrl + / (on the num keypad) to fold all nodes except the current node and then having to press ctrl + alt + Y to toggle folding of the current node.

I would like to be able to fold the parent node of the node currently containing the cursor and have the cursor placed immediately in front of said parent node. Repeated application of this action would prove to be especially useful when navigating a large document with long lines of ancestry.

I would like to be able to insert a character (specifically, a carriage return) on a line containing a node that is folded without having to refold that node.

I would like to be able to paste nodes while retaining their previous state of folding (i.e., if I copy/cut a node and it or any of it's descendants are folded, I would like them to also be folded after I paste them).

I would like to be able to fold comments.

I would like to be able to fold the attributes of a document node. I often have several lines of namespace declarations that I rarely need to see.

A glyph appears to indicate a fold at the end of a line of a folded node. I would like to be able to unfold this node by navigating the cursor from the position immediately before or after this glyph in the direction of this glyph using the ctrl modifier. If I have unfolded a node in this fashion, I would like the node to automatically refold itself upon navigating my navigation of cursor beyond the bounds of that node.

I would like to be able have a folded node hide only it's descendants and it's closing tag (i.e., I would like to be able to fold a node who's opening tag conatins attribute declarations spaning several lines and still be able to see all of the attribute declarations of that element).

I would like a document to retain the folded state of all it's nodes after closure and resume this state upon reopening.

I would like <Oxygen/>XML to fold my drawers (undies), socks, and towels for me. (I should now make the clairification that I would like all of the afore mentions functionality to be accessible via the keyboard with the exception of my final request. It would be fine for this last feature to be accessed from the application menus.)

Thanks,
Ryan Hanks
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Ryan,

Thanks, I will file these request on our bugzilla.
I would like a document to retain the folded state of all it's nodes after closure and resume this state upon reopening.
Oxygen already does that.
I would like to be able to fold comments.
This will be available in the 6.2 maintenance release. Also it will be possible to fold processing instructions if they are on multiple lines.

Best Regards,
George