changing fonts messes up bold formatting

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
miklos

changing fonts messes up bold formatting

Post by miklos »

Hi There,

I started building up my own pdf plugin and seem to have run into a slight problem.

I've added new fonts to the logical font categories in font-mappings.xml and for some reason a couple of elements like notes, def lists and such lost their default "bold" formatting.

I can manually update the formatting for these but would prefer a slightly more intelligent solution. Could you please advise?

Thanks,
Miklos
miklos

Re: changing fonts messes up bold formatting

Post by miklos »

And as far as I see my plugin also ignores your splendid codeblock syntax highlighter.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Miklos,

So:
I've added new fonts to the logical font categories in font-mappings.xml and for some reason a couple of elements like notes, def lists and such lost their default "bold" formatting.
One possibility: the new fonts you have configured do not have a "bold" style.
Another possibility:
Did you also add custom XSLT templates in your "custom.xsl" matching certain DITA elements? For example you can comment out your templates, see if the PDF shows again the bold formatting.
And as far as I see my plugin also ignores your splendid codeblock syntax highlighter.
Are you using an external DITA OT installation? The plugin which adds syntax highlight is located in:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\plugins\com.oxygenxml.highlight

and if you look inside the "pdfHighlight.xsl", it overwrites a certain template. It might be possible that from your custom.xsl you are overwriting the same XSLT template and thus the highlighting is no longer applied.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
miklos

Post by miklos »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your help!

As for the fonts, my problem was indeed due to the font selected, which was by default a 300 light font.

As for the highlighter, I'm not sure how or where have I overwritten the template. It was not originally referenced in any of my plugin files.

My workaround for the moment is: I copied the highlighter plugin's content to my own plugin folder and updated the references in custom.xsl, this way the highlighter works. Hope this will not lead to additional problems later on.

Thanks again,
Miklos