DITA OT Localized Indexes

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
jochemdevos

DITA OT Localized Indexes

Post by jochemdevos »

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with the localization of indexes.

At the moment I'm working with a DITA bookmap containing 2 languages, English 'en' and Dutch 'nl'. These are set on map and topic levels in xml:lang for each respective language.

When running my transformation, a plugin which extends the PDF2 plugin, I only get one Index list containing all indexterms in the bookmap. (this is with the default: Append Child, backmatter, booklists, indexlist)

1. How would I go about sorting the Index list for each respective language? (index-sort-as has no visible effect)

Or alternatively,

2. How would I create seperate Index lists for each language, with a localized heading? (I noticed the indexlist element can also be provided with an xml:lang attribute)

Thanks!
Radu

Re: DITA OT Localized Indexes

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done without extensive XSLT customizations.
The main XSLT template which gets called to create the index page is called ""createIndex"" and is located in:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\xsl\fo\index.xsl

Maybe you could also ask around for this on the DITA Users List. Also Antenna House has its own DITA OT PDF5 plugin which from what I remembered had better support for publishing DITA Maps containing mixed languages but I do not know how they handle the index page.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jochemdevos

Post by jochemdevos »

Radu wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done without extensive XSLT customizations.
The main XSLT template which gets called to create the index page is called ""createIndex"" and is located in:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\xsl\fo\index.xsl

Maybe you could also ask around for this on the DITA Users List. Also Antenna House has its own DITA OT PDF5 plugin which from what I remembered had better support for publishing DITA Maps containing mixed languages but I do not know how they handle the index page.

Regards,
Radu
Hey Radu,

I've joined the Yahoo group and created a Topic, I'd link it but I can't seem to find it. Does it need approval?

Thanks for xsl filepath, perhaps I can make something simple :)
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Jochem,

Not sure, I have not received your post so I guess that the first post needs to be approved by the admin so this might take some time.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jochemdevos

Post by jochemdevos »

The topic in the DITA Users List can be found here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dit ... pics/40006