Background image on cover page

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Boreas

Background image on cover page

Post by Boreas »

Hello,

I am trying to have a background image that takes the entire cover page. The reason I want it in background is to have the title, revision etc, in front of the image. Presently I can have either the image, or the text. I took a look at the watermark post, but I could not figure out how to modify the statics-content file. I changed tactic.
so :

in my front-matter.xsl file I have this:

[Codebox=]<fo:block-container xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter__logo__container">
<fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter__logo">
<fo:external-graphic src="url(Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/coverpage.png)"/>

</fo:block>[/Codebox]

I was hoping to add something like background-image in the container, but I could not figure where to put it, and how.

my front-matter- attr.xsl has

[Codebox=]<xsl:attribute-set name="__frontmatter__logo__container">
<xsl:attribute name="position">absolute</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="top">0in</xsl:attribute>
[/Codebox]

Regards
radu_pisoi

Re: Background image on cover page

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hello,

For DITA-OT 1.8 you can try the next procedure:

1. Create a PDF customization folder, see Creating a Customization Directory for PDF Output.
2. Copy the background image to the {DITA-PDF-Customization}/common/artwork/ folder.
3. Edit the '{DITA-PDF-Customization}/fo/attrs/custom.xsl' stylesheet and add the next attribute set that specifies the background image:

Code: Select all

<xsl:attribute-set name="region-body__frontmatter.odd" use-attribute-sets="region-body.odd">
<xsl:attribute name="background-image">url(Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/bgr.png)</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="background-repeat">repeat</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="background-position">150px 150px</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
The 'background-repeat' specifies whether the image is repeated (tiled), and how. To specify the initial position of the image use the 'background-position' property.

You can read more about background image here: https://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20 ... ound-image.
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Boreas

Re: Background image on cover page

Post by Boreas »

Easy to do, worked on first try.Beautifull.

Since I use a plugin I put the image here

..../plugins/myplugin.name/cfg/common/artwork/coverpage.png

and of course called the image from there.

Thank you