WebApp Autosave and Smartquotes bugs

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
PaulHayslett

WebApp Autosave and Smartquotes bugs

Post by PaulHayslett »

I believe that I have found two bugs in the WebApp. Hoping for confirmation and, perhaps, an ETA on fixes.

1) Setting the autosave options in the WebApp's options.xml file seems to have no effect. No autosave. Will it be implemented soon?

2) Smartquotes replacement works beautifully with "Track Changes" off. But it places the new quote in the wrong spot -- one character too far to the right -- when "Track Changes" is on. Cannot use the two together.

Any chance these might be fixed soon? I can implement my own autosave, of course, but I'd rather not if a fix is imminent.

Thanks!

Paul
cristi_talau

Re: WebApp Autosave and Smartquotes bugs

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Regarding the first issue with the "autosave" option. I confirm that it is not currently supported in Web Author. It is on our priority list, but since the 18.0 release will be out very soon I cannot promise it may be postponed for the next version.

Regarding the smart quotes issue, I can reproduce it in 17.1. However, in 17.1.1 the problem is fixed, but we skipped the 17.1.1 release for the SDK. Anyway, in 18.0 it will be fixed also in the SDK. If it is critical for you, we can make a maintenance build of 17.1.

Best,
Cristian
PaulHayslett

Post by PaulHayslett »

Thank you!

I'm sure I can rig up an autosave for myself without too much trouble.

What does "very soon" mean for the 18.0 release? If it will be within the next week or so, I'm happy to wait. If it will be months, then I would like to take you up on your kind offer of a maintenance build.

Thanks again.

Paul
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

We released the SDK project version 17.1.0.4. It contains the fix for the smart quotes problem.

You can use it by changing the oxygen.sdk.version in the pom.xml of your SDK project to 17.1.0.4. After that you should rebuild the SDK project.

Best,
Cristian
PaulHayslett

Post by PaulHayslett »

Thank you!
PaulHayslett

Post by PaulHayslett »

If anyone needs an autosave workaround before oxygen releases one, this seems to work great.

Add the following to your framework.js file, replacing "X" with the number of minutes between saves:

setInterval( function() { workspace.currentEditor.saveAction.actionPerformed(null); }, X * 60000 );
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

A solution which in essence is the same as yours, but is intended to be used from a plugin.js file and which uses uses only the API is the following:

Code: Select all

goog.events.listen(workspace, sync.api.Workspace.EventType.EDITOR_LOADED, function(e) {
setInterval(function(){
e.editor.getActionsManager().getActionById('Author/Save').actionPerformed();
}, X * 60000);
});
Best regards,
Cristian