'Error: Access is denied' message for WebHelp Search results

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

'Error: Access is denied' message for WebHelp Search results

Post by ann.jensen »

Hello,
I am using a trial version of Oxygen Author to transform some DITA XML to Oxygen WebHelp. After I run the transformation (DITA MAP WebHelp), a browser is launched with a topic displayed (/out/webhelp/index.html#oxy_ex-1/AgentPortal/concepts/ClientPortalValuations.html).
This has a button for 'With Frames' in top right hand of window beside a Search box. When I type into the Search box, the message 'Error: Access is denied' appears under the 'Search Results' heading in the left hand section of screen. Also when I select the 'Index' tab, there is no content displayed in it. If I select the 'With Frames' button, the Search and Index works fine.
Can anyone advise how to get the WebHelp working without frames?
Thanks in advance,
Ann Jensen
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: 'Error: Access is denied' message for WebHelp Search results

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

You receive this message because you are using the WebHelp locally (with "file://" protocol). Browsers restricts JavaScript running from local HTML files.
Try to put your output on an HTTP server (Apache / IIS / NGINX) and let us know if still encounter this issue.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: 'Error: Access is denied' message for WebHelp Search results

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that this problem has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of Oxygen 17.1, 2015121117 (released on December 17th).

Let us know if you encounter further problems with this new build.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com