Track changes in Map Manager.

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
sanGeoff

Track changes in Map Manager.

Post by sanGeoff »

Our group has decided we must need track changes always on in Authoring DITA Topics.

As an unintended concupiscence of this, <oXygen/> is also tracking changes in the map manager. There does not seem to be any buttons or access to manage and accept the track changes directly in the map manager. There also is no access method in the WSDITAMapEditorPage class to turn it off in the map manger.

Is there any way to control and manage the track changes and reviewing within the map manager they way you can in a page Authoring mode?

Thanks,
mihaela

Re: Track changes in Map Manager.

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way for the moment to control the Track Changes state only for DITA Maps Manager. I have added your request in our internal issue tracker and we will let you know when it will be available.
Also, the DITA Maps Manager does not include review specific actions but you can open the ditamap in the editor (you can use "Open Map in Editor" or "Open Map in Editor with resolved topic" actions from DITA Maps Manager toolbar or contextual menu) and use all review features.

Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sanGeoff

Post by sanGeoff »

OK thanks, as i
As a workaround I will remove the track changes when the file is about to be saved in editorAboutToBeSavedVeto or something.
sanGeoff

Post by sanGeoff »

Hum... Well I thought I could remove them on Map save or something, bit it looks like the oxygen PI's are hidden from getContentNodes().
I also cant get the controller XPath queries to work, I suspect it's because I'm executing them on a map manager.

[Codebox=]ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.AuthorOperationException: The xpath expression: //node() cannot be evaluated. Cause: null
at ro.sync.ecss.g.i.yb(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ecss.g.i.evaluateXPath(Unknown Source)
at oxySymMod.stripTrackChanges()[/Codebox]

I guess my workaround will be to have track changes always off and turn them on in author when file opened instead.
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

Removing the track changes from the map when saving the document may have unexpected results from the user point of view.

We plan to add more control in DITA Maps Manager for the review support (we will discuss also the possibility to add separate options for initial track changes state for editor and Dita Maps manager). We will let you know about these improvements.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com