Generate wsdl from xml schema

Oxygen general issues.
samwise

Generate wsdl from xml schema

Post by samwise »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all things XML, so I just wondered if I could ask a vague question and get your thoughts.

Can I generate a WSDL direct from an XML Schema, using <oXygen/> :?:

I'm specifically looking at the SPML v1.0 standard from OASIS, which is a pretty complex beasty.

If this isn't possible from within the tool, how would you recommend approaching the problem :?:

Are there any tools you know of within the Apache project that do this sort of thing :?:

I will do some reading around on the subject, but I thought I'd get an expert's view on the subject.

Cheers,

Sam.
Radu

Sorry for the delay

Post by Radu »

Hi Sam

I understand you are trying to generate a sample WSDL schema based on the types or elements found in an XML Schema.
No, Oxygen does not posess this feature.

I found this link on the web: http://www.capescience.com/webservices/ ... ndex.shtml
They probably have a stylesheet which is applied on the XML Schema and outputs the WSDL file.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Radu.
samwise

Re: Sorry for the delay

Post by samwise »

Radu wrote: No, Oxygen does not posess this feature.
Ah, that's a shame.
Radu wrote: I found this link on the web: http://www.capescience.com/webservices/ ... ndex.shtml
Ahh, yes - I will certainly give that a try (though I don't currently have the modified schemas available online). Would you know of a free (open source, maybe) solution which would attempt the same thing without requiring access to the net? Do you know if anything like Xerces or something would support this? I ask because I haven't found anything from my web seaches, but I just wondered if I'd missed it buried in an obscure doc somewhere ...

No problem if this isn't something you guys have looked into.

Sam.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Sam,

We placed a bug to analyse the possibility of creating a stylesheet to transform from XML Schema to a sample WSDL file.
As far as I searched there does not seem to be something open source for that.

Regards, Radu.
samwise

Post by samwise »

Radu wrote:Hi Sam,

We placed a bug to analyse the possibility of creating a stylesheet to transform from XML Schema to a sample WSDL file.
As far as I searched there does not seem to be something open source for that.

Regards, Radu.
Hi, Radu.

Thanks very much. It's comforting to note that at least it wasn't just me overlooking it somewhere. I'll have a play with the online converter you referenced and see how it goes (until it becomes a feature of <oXygen/>!!) :)

Many thanks,

Sam.