WSDL Analyser

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Franck

WSDL Analyser

Post by Franck »

I have just noticed that it is possible for the WSDL analyser to complain about the WSDL

Code: Select all

Document contains errors. WSDL Analysis may not be accurate. Continue?
but not be told exactly what was wrong. In my case, the WSDL is not bad enough to cause the analysis to fail if I decide to continue, so I still don't know what is wrong.

Would it be possible to add a tab on the analyser, listing any warning and errors?

Thanks
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Franck

Before a WSDL file is analysed and presented in the WSDL Analyser Dialog the file is checked to be well formed (if it is not, the analysis does not continue), then it is validated against the WSDL XML Schema.
The warning message that you receive occurs in this phase.
Because WSDL is not yet a w3c standard the user has the possiblity to continue even if a validation error occurs.
To see a list of validation errors for a particular WSDL file you can open it in the editor and click the "Validate" or "WSDL Analyse" toolbar buttons.

Regards, Radu.
Franck

Post by Franck »

Thanks Radu.

Can I then suggest an additional choice to the alert box : "Open WSDL in editor"? And how to I access the actual schema used to validate the WSDL?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Franck

You probably analyse your wsdl file by going to the "Tools" menu and clicking "WSDL SOAP Analyser". After that the "WSDL File Opener" Dialog appears.
In this dialog you can click the last button on the right to open the specified WSDL file in the editor.

About the schema used for WSDL validation, it is builtin into Oxygen and cannot be modified. The schema was downloaded from http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/.

Regards, Radu.