Syntax highlight problem (all text is black)

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
KML

Syntax highlight problem (all text is black)

Post by KML »

I try to use for work with xml the Eclipse 3.1M7 Plugin zip in eclipse-SDK-3.1-win32.zip.
But after installation lomboz-emf-gef-jem-3.1M6.zip oXygen editor has ceased to do of *.xml syntax highlight (all text is black) :cry: . What there can be a problem?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

This is a known issue and there is already a reported bug on Eclipse with exactly this problem. Eclipse does not isolate plugins set up to hanle the same documents and it seems that the only solution is to edit the plugin.xml of one of the plugins and remove the contributions to that extension.

We will investigate this more and see if we can find a solution or at least a workaround.

Best Regards,
George
Christian Roth

Post by Christian Roth »

Does this bug also account for my problem that files ending in .xmap (to which I attributed the oXygen plugin) do not highlight syntax, but files ending in .xml do?

I had to tell oXygen standalone that .xmap files are of type XML, but I do not seem to be able to specify that in Eclipse 3.0.2. Anyway, I thought specifying "oXygen XML Editor" in Eclipse's file association preferences for the pattern "*.xmap" would do this.

Running oXygen eclipse plugin 6.1.0 on eclipse 3.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.2 .

Regards, Christian.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Christian Roth wrote:I thought specifying "oXygen XML Editor" in Eclipse's file association preferences for the pattern "*.xmap" would do this.

Running oXygen eclipse plugin 6.1.0 on eclipse 3.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.2
Make sure you follow the general procedure for file association in Eclipse:

1) Go to Window - Preferences - Workbench - File association.

2) Add the *.xmap file type.

3) Add Oxygen XML Editor to the Associated editors list.

4) Press the OK button.

If you did not associated the *.xmap type with other editor before then Oxygen XML Editor will be the default editor for it and the icon will be the same as for XML files. Double click on any .xmap file for opening it with <oXygen/>.

Best regards,
Sorin
Last edited by sorin_ristache on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

KML wrote:But after installation lomboz-emf-gef-jem-3.1M6.zip oXygen editor has ceased to do of *.xml syntax highlight (all text is black)
george wrote:We will investigate this more and see if we can find a solution or at least a workaround.
It is an Eclipse bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=96917

We implemented a workaround for it. Starting with the <oXygen/> 6.2 release you can use both the <oXygen/> plugin and the lomboz plugin in the same Eclipse installation and syntax highlight will work normally. The fix also resolves the same syntax highlight problem that occured with Web Tools Platform and <oXygen/> running at the same time - see

http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/ftopic1173.html

Best regards,
Sorin
gstathis

Post by gstathis »

FYI: the same problem occurs with oXygen and the latest JBoss IDE for eclipse (milestone release 2).
nobby

Post by nobby »

Christian Roth wrote:Does this bug also account for my problem that files ending in .xmap (to which I attributed the oXygen plugin) do not highlight syntax, but files ending in .xml do?

I had to tell oXygen standalone that .xmap files are of type XML, but I do not seem to be able to specify that in Eclipse 3.0.2. Anyway, I thought specifying "oXygen XML Editor" in Eclipse's file association preferences for the pattern "*.xmap" would do this.
I have exactly the same problem, after following the recommended configuration procedure.

Oxygen 6.2.2 + Eclipse 3.1.1

Thanks for any comment,
Andreas
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

In Eclipse 3.1 you need to add also a mapping between the extension and the content type.

Go to Window->Preferences -- General / Content Types
Select the Text->XML->oXygen XML content type
Use the Add action to add your extension to the File Associations

Best regards,
George
nobby

Post by nobby »

George, that worked - thanks a lot!

-- Andreas