Oxygen Web Help suppport for HTML5

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

Oxygen Web Help suppport for HTML5

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi,
I am currently trialling different DITA transformation engines and basically creating a matrix of perceived strengths and weaknesses of both. One engine generates content in a mobile-friendly output using Bootstrap whereas I think Oxygen WebHelp generates one transform for desktop and another for mobile devices (using Bootstrap??).
Am I correct in my understanding and can you advise if Oxygen has plans for WehHelp to generate one mobile-first transform in the future?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Oxygen Web Help suppport for HTML5

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

The WebHelp and WebHelp with Feedback transformation scenarios generate content for desktop browsers. This transformation uses jQuery library.
The WebHelp - Mobile transformation scenario generates content that will look better on mobile devices. This transformation uses the jQuery Mobile library.
We have plans for a more flexible transformation that will support templates. Among the predefined templates we'll also provide one for mobile-first. With this template support you will also be able to create custom templates based on Bootstrap and use them to generate customized WebHelp content.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Bogdan,
Thanks for your reply. Can you give me any indication of when this will be available as mobile-first transformations is a must-have for my manager.
Regards,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

This feature is planned for near future, but it has not been scheduled yet, so I cannot offer you an estimated date for its implementation.
We will notify this thread when it is implemented. If you want to be contacted directly, please send us an email to support@oxygenxml.com.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com