Does profiling work with reltables?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

Does profiling work with reltables?

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi,
I have defined a reltable im my map with links to topics, some of which have profiling attributes set e.g. Topic A has associated profiling attribute audience set to value technical. I have a Ditaval file that excludes all topics where profiling attribute audience set to value technical. When I use this Ditaval file the TOC excludes the topics with profiling attribute audience set to technical. However, the links defined in the reltable still appear. Does the processing of the reltable not take into account the Ditaval file being used during transformation?
Thanks,
Ann
Radu

Re: Does profiling work with reltables?

Post by Radu »

Dear Ann,

Profiling should also work in this case. What DITA OT version are you using? If you are using the one bundled with Oxygen, what Oxygen version are you using?
It would be great if you could put together a sample DITA Map with two or three topics + DITAVAL which would exhibit the problem, then send it to us (support@oxygenxml.com).

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Radu,
I got around that problem by adding the attribute to the relevant relcell in the reltable.

Code: Select all

<relcell audience="technical">"
My understanding is that his ensures that the related link only shows if the valid profiling is applied in the transformation.
Regards,
Ann
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ann,

If you apply a DITAVAL which filters audience="technical" what you did is equivalent to not having the cell at all in the table.
You could have also tried to put the attribute on the entire table row if you wanted the entire row to be ignored.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com