Default Options in the Find/Replace in Multiple Files Dialog

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
ajuan

Default Options in the Find/Replace in Multiple Files Dialog

Post by ajuan »

Hello,

I have a writer who is using the Find/Replace in Multiple Files dialog box. If he used Specified Path on one book and then switches book, the default option is still set to Specified Path. Is there a way to set the options in this dialog box such that Current File Open is automatically chosen?

Thanks in advance.

-Anne
florin

Re: Default Options in the Find/Replace in Multiple Files Dialog

Post by florin »

Hello,

I assume that by book you mean a DITA bookmap.
Anyway, the Find/Replace in Files dialog box was designed to preserve the last search options, so that there would be less to configure for a similar subsequent search. There is no way to impose a specific search scope.

Best regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ajuan

Post by ajuan »

Hi Florin,

For your first point, no, we use DOCBOOK, which is DTD-based, not schema-based. We are looking into DITA, but have not yet switched over. When I mean book, I mean a manual or a user guide. Sorry for the confusion.

As to your second point, I relayed back what you said and the writer has replied with this: Defaulting to the last search options is not the problem. The problem is that it defaults to the Specified Path selection, and it should default to the more commonly-used Current File Directory option.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Anne
florin

Post by florin »

Hi,

From what I've tested, it seems that this happens the first time you open the Find/Replace in Files dialog box, from the Find main menu.
The default selected option is Specified path, and the path of the parent directory of the file corresponding to the currently selected editor is proposed. After, this option is maintained for subsequent searches (and the previously proposed path).

I assume you would like to default to the Current file directory option to have a more dynamic behavior, thus the user would not be forced to change the path if the search is triggered having selected an editor for which the corresponding file is located in a different directory than the one for which the previous search was triggered.

Please confirm if you trigger the search from the Find main menu and if my above statement describes properly your initial thought. If not, please provide the exact steps you perform.

Best regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ajuan

Post by ajuan »

Hi Florin,

My writer got back to me with this response:
Yes, this accurately describes what happens, and yes, I would like it to default to Current file directory.

If this is possible, please let me know. Thanks again for your swift response.

Cheers,
Anne
florin

Post by florin »

Hi,

For now, it is not possible to change the current behavior. But I've registered your request on our issue tracking system and it will be analyzed further.
When new information regarding the status of this request will be available, you'll be notified.

Best regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ajuan

Post by ajuan »

Thanks Florin, I'll keep an eye out!

Cheers,
Anne