DocBook framework menu ID Options

steve.cuzner

DocBook framework menu ID Options

Post by steve.cuzner »

When you select this menu, you open a dialog that lists element names, defaulting to article, chapter, sect1-5, and section, and you have the option to add, edit, or delete from this list. Where is this data stored after you modify the list of elements?
Radu

Re: DocBook framework menu ID Options

Post by Radu »

Dear Steve,

That Docbook framework related customomization is saved in the User Home in a special Oxygen XML preferences folder which contains an XML file called something like oxyOptionsSa17.1.xml depending on the product name and version with all Oxygen global settings.
For example on Windows the preferences folder for Oxygen XML Editor is located in:

%APPDATA%\Roaming\com.oxygenxml

Starting with Oxygen 16.1, in the Docbook framework folder there are two ID generation options XML files (one for Docbook 4 and one for Docbook 5).
For example the one for Docbook 5 is located in:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/docbook/resources/idGenerationDefaultOptionsDB5.xml

These files contain the default ID generation list. Once the user modifies something in the list, his settings will be saved as stated above in the Oxygen preferences and the default list will no longer be used.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
steve.cuzner

Post by steve.cuzner »

Radu,

Thanks for the information.

I'm building an extension framework to docbook 5. If I add a resources folder to my extension framework and copy idGenerationDefaultOptionsDB5.xml to that folder and modify it, will my extension framework use that or the resource in the base framework. For example, we are using the generic section element rather than the numbered sections sect1-5 and I'd like to remove those from the list. If not, does this mean that I need to write a new action class to replace ro.sync.ecss.extensions.docbook.id.GenerateIDsDB5Operation?

Steve
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Steve,

So in your extension framework folder indeed you would need to create a resources folder and inside it copy the modified idGenerationDefaultOptionsDB5.xml.
Besides this, in the Oxygen Preferences Document Type Association you should edit the extension and in the Classpath tab add a new reference to ${framework}/resources/ and move it up to be the first one in the list.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com