Insert an e-mail reference

Oxygen general issues.
BogdanM777

Insert an e-mail reference

Post by BogdanM777 »

Hi guys,

I tried to enter an e-mail reference inside a topic using <xref href="mailto:support@galigeo.com" format="html" scope="external"/>, and when I generate the pdf the reference looks like mailto:support@galigeo.com
When I click on it, Outlook is being summoned so I think it is doing a good job, however I would like to have the part "mailto:" not appearing if possible.
I found an old post saying that the syntax should be <xref href="support@galigeo.com" format="mail"/>, however I get an error message, and if I put the mouse on it, it shows me in the tooltip a reference to a file.
I would like a solution to this, if possible.

Thank you
Radu

Re: Insert an e-mail reference

Post by Radu »

Hi Bogdan,

The attributes you have set on the xref are fine. Actually if you use in the Oxygen Author editing mode the "Web Link" action and write the URL like mailto:support@oxygenxml.com, Oxygen will insert the xref with the proper attributes set to it.
Instead of letting the xref as an empty element you can set the rendered link text to it like:

Code: Select all

<xref href="mailto:support@oxygenxml.com" format="html" scope="external">support@oxygenxml.com</xref>
in order to precisely control the link text.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
BogdanM777

Re: Insert an e-mail reference

Post by BogdanM777 »

Thank you very much Radu