Refreshing WebHelp with Feedback deployment

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
gwhite

Refreshing WebHelp with Feedback deployment

Post by gwhite »

Hi,

Nowhere in the installation or deployment instructions for WebHelp with Feedback does it say how to refresh the help system with new content after an initial installation. I've since generated a new webhelp; is it safe now to simply write over the files/folders where I installed the original ones? Or should I delete some of the files in order not to have orphans?

Gary
HomeGoods

Re: Refreshing WebHelp with Feedback deployment

Post by HomeGoods »

Once configured, you need to be careful not to overwrite config.php, otherwise you lose your current configuration. Discussed http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post31962.html and http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post32449.html
I sometimes overwrite it by mistake and hope for more foolproof file structure...
HomeGoods

Post by HomeGoods »

Forgot to mention that also you should not copy the 'install' directory.
gwhite

Post by gwhite »

Hi,

Thanks for the tips; I should have checked first to see whether this topic had already been covered.

You say above that the install folder should not be copied over. There are actually two install folders, one in the root of the output folder and one in the oxygen-webhelp folder. Presumably you mean the one in the root folder. Now I'm curious why Sorin didn't indicate that it should be excluded too.

Gary
gwhite

Post by gwhite »

In any case I did as you suggested and the refresh seems to have worked perfectly.

Thanks.
bogdan_cercelaru

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

gwhite wrote: You say above that the install folder should not be copied over. There are actually two install folders, one in the root of the output folder and one in the oxygen-webhelp folder. Presumably you mean the one in the root folder. Now I'm curious why Sorin didn't indicate that it should be excluded too.

Gary
Starting with Oxygen v16.1 the install directory was moved from root directory into the oxygen-webhelp directory. I assume that your old pages were generated using Oxygen v16.0 or older and now you generate your WebHelp with Feedback using Oxygen v16.1 or newer. In that case you should exclude the two install directories.
If you apply a "DITA WebHelp with Feedback" transformation, you obtain an output with two install directories (one in the root directory and another in the oxygen-webhelp directory)?

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
gwhite

Post by gwhite »

That is correct. However, all the files in the install folder at the root are dated about three weeks ago (15/7/2015), and it's possible I did use version 16.1 on that date to generate the help. I don't clear the output directory before running transformations, so I'm sure it's a relic. I'll remove it.

Gary
gwhite

Post by gwhite »

Meant to say version 16.0...

One last WebHelp with Feedback question (I promise!) I am so very pleased with the result of posting my company's documentation on an internal server using WHwF, and so are my internal customers. But one relatively minor problem remains: the introductory text in any given topic displays at a certain number of pixels, but ordered and unordered lists display in a smaller font, and step results smaller still! Looking at the CSS file pointed to in the transformation scenario dialog, which I've made only a couple of minor modifications to, I'm puzzled, because it looks as though paragraphs and various types of list are all set to a font-size of 15px. What would account for what looks like a progressive shrinking of font sizes for certain paragraphs?
bogdan_cercelaru

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

Please test using our flowers.ditamap sample (samples/dita/flowers) file as input file for the DITA Map WebHelp with Feedback transformation and send us the generated output files (archive them). Please use the same transformation scenario.
To send the generated output you can use either our support email address (support@oxygenxml.com) or the Technical Support form.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com