Linux installation?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rje_nc

Linux installation?

Post by rje_nc »

I am having trouble installing Ozygen in Slackware Linux v8.1 I have downloaded and run the installer as root and installed the program into /opt/Oxygen1.2.4.

I would like to make a desktop shortcut or menu entry to the program but cannot seem to. When I try to run the program from my own user account by entering the full path /opt/Oxygen1.2.4/oyxgen.sh, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lanf.NoClassDefFoundError: ro/sync/exml/Oxygen
: command not foundygen.sh:
: command not foundygen.sh
If I log into the /opt/Oxygen1.2.4 directory, the progarm will run but I get the following error during startup:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (ro.sync.exml.Configuration).
log4j: WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Can anyone tell me how to correct these problems. I did not find any installation information in the pdf file.

I am fairly new to Linux but I am leaning. I would like to try to use <Oxygen/> in an XML class I am taking now.

I am using Jave v1.4.1 from the Sun1Studio download.

Thanks for any help...

Bob
Dan

Post by Dan »

When starting Oxygen from the command line, the "oxygen.sh" script assumes the working directory is the same as the installation directory. In order to run the script from any other directory, let say your home dir, you should modify the script like this:

--------oxygen.sh-----------
cd /opt/Oxygen1.2.4/
java -mx256m -cp ".:./lib/oxygen.jar:classes" ro.sync.exml.Oxygen $1 $2 $3 $4
-------------------------------

The warnings are caused by not initializing the logging system. It is no problem in this. Anyway, to supress the messages you can add at the end of the "java" command line: "> /dev/null"

So, the script must be:

--------oxygen.sh-----------
cd /opt/Oxygen1.2.4
java -mx256m -cp ".:./lib/oxygen.jar:classes" ro.sync.exml.Oxygen $1 $2 $3 $4 2>/dev/null
-------------------------------
donnek

Post by donnek »

Hi. I don't even get as far as that. I'm running SuSE 8.1, with Sun Java2-1.3.1, and I have made the change to the (demo) oxygen.bin script as suggested in the other post (commenting out export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL). When I run sh ./oxygen.sh, I get a message that the installer is launching, and then an error message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/lax/LAX
Any suggestions as to what I might do?
Thanks
Kevin
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Kevin,

There are two possible problems:
1. The kit is corrupted.
2. You do not have installed the correct JRE.

I think you have downloaded the installation kit without the JRE included. Check that you have the latest JRE on your machine. For this, type in a terminal:

java -version

Should report a version above 1.3. (It's best to have 1.4.1)