Oxygen 17 DITA-OT transform problems

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
misty

Oxygen 17 DITA-OT transform problems

Post by misty »

We are using DITA-OT 1.8.5, and have configured Oxygen scenarios to use our own DITA-OT for transforms. These work fine in Oxygen 16. When I try to run them in Oxygen 17, I get this error for HTML5-based transform:

Code: Select all

System ID: /Users/misty/docs/cloudera.ditamap
Scenario: D4P
Input file: /Users/misty/docs/cloudera.ditamap
Engine name: DITA-OT
Severity: fatal
Description: Parameter parentId is not declared in the called template
Start location: 466:69

System ID: /Users/misty/docs/cloudera.ditamap
Scenario: D4P
Input file: /Users/misty/docs/cloudera.ditamap
Description: Parameter topicref is not declared in the called template
Start location: 244:61
For the PDF2 transform using XEP, again in the same DITA-OT as above, I get this (much less informative) error:

System ID: /Users/misty/docs/introduction.ditamap
Scenario: DITA Map PDF
Input file: /Users/misty/docs/introduction.ditamap
Description: Transformation failed.
And in the log is this:

/Users/misty/tools/DITA-OT/plugins/org.dita.pdf2/build.xml:150: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/misty/tools/DITA-OT/plugins/org.dita.pdf2/build_xep.xml:106: Java returned: 1
I am able to run the transforms using ant at the command line with no problem, and like I said, they worked in Oxygen 16.

A colleague also replicated this issues.
Radu

Re: Oxygen 17 DITA-OT transform problems

Post by Radu »

Hi,

You say that you have configured Oxygen scenarios to use our own DITA-OT for transforms.
How exactly did you do that? Did you duplicate the existing transformation scenarios or did you edit the "DITA" document type configuration in the Document Type Association Preferences page?

Oxygen 17.0 comes with a totally different frameworks folder so all changes you made to the DITA document type configuration in Oxygen 16.1 are not ported automatically to 17.0.

One more thing, Oxygen 17 has a new DITA Preferences page in which you can set very easily the path to the main DITA OT folder used by the application. In this way you will no longer need to edit the predefined transformation scenarios, they will just work with the main configured DITA OT.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
misty

Post by misty »

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. The idea of resetting everything and starting over has been a bit daunting. :D

Our DITA-OT is version 1.85 and lives in a Git repository that we all clone locally. We have created and exported transformation scenarios in Oxygen which point to this DITA-OT rather than Oxygen's built-in one. This works fine in Oxygen 16.

We have also exported a preferences file from Oxygen 16 that writers can use to quickly get their settings synced to our standards. This is in Git as well. I had assumed that this file would work on Oxygen 17 and imported it, along with the transformation scenarios. I'll take the time to start over from scratch and re-create the configuration and transformation scenarios for Oxygen 17, and get back to you with the results.
misty

Post by misty »

Redoing the config and the transcenarios from scratch seems to solve the problem. Thanks!