Stars are missing from customized WebHelp

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Frank Ralf

Stars are missing from customized WebHelp

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I've customized the DITA WebHelp, based on the pre-defined Light skin by integrating custom CSS and logo via the corresponding parameters in the transformation scenario. Strangely, the stars for rating the search results are missing from the output. On further investigation I've noticed that the complete <div id="rightDiv"> section is missing in the HTML output. I couldn't find out where this is generated or why it is missing in my case, though. Any pointers welcome.

tia
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Stars are missing from customized WebHelp

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

I assume that you are using the Oxygen v16.x to generate the WebHelp. The stars from the search results were removed in version 16. Starting with version 17 the webhelp.search.ranking parameter was added. This parameter controls whether the stars will be added or not.
webhelp.search.ranking - If this parameter is set to false then the relevance stars are no longer included in the search results displayed on the Search tab (default setting is true).
The DITA Map Document Type / DITA Map Transformation Scenarios / WebHelp Output

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Re: Stars are missing from customized WebHelp

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

Many thanks for these pointers. I will give it a try :-)

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com