Seeing Schematron validation output

Oxygen general issues.
bnelson

Seeing Schematron validation output

Post by bnelson »

I have a Schematron schema and an XML Schema set up to validate an xml file. My questions are about seeing the output of the Schematron validation.

1. I can see the output of reports, asserts, and diagnostics just fine, unless an error they detect is also detected by XML Schema validation. In the latter case, I can only see the XML Schema validation output, not the Schematron output. Is there a way I can suppress the former and see the latter? For example, I have rules looking for incorrect pairings of ID and IDREF which provide helpful information about resolving the error. I don't get to see this information because all I can see is the Saxon-EE output "There is one IDREF value with no corresponding ID".

2. I never see the textual output of anything other than reports, asserts, and diagnostics. For example, I have patterns with p elements, the purpose of which is to output text. I need to output element counts and other information which does not indicate a validation error. Yet I cannot see these p elements anywhere in the output. Same goes for p elements and titles in schemas. Where can I find this output?
tavy

Re: Seeing Schematron validation output

Post by tavy »

Hello,

1. I cannot reproduce the first problem. Do you use validation scenarios or you have the Schematron schema and the XML Schema embedded in the XML file?
Also, if you use Saxon EE for the Schmatron validation then the input XML file will be validated with the embedded XML Schema when you apply the Schematron over the XML (because Saxon EE is schema aware). To enable/disable the Saxon EE for Schematron validation see the "Use Saxon EE (schema aware) for xslt2/xslt3 query language" option form the "XML / XML Parser / Schematron" option page.

2. You cannot obtain in the output the annotations from your schema. During the validation process only the assert/report messages are given in the output. You can set the role of an assert/report to info for example, by adding the attribute role="info" on the assert/report element, and you will get the messages as info instead of errors.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
bnelson

Re: Seeing Schematron validation output

Post by bnelson »

Thanks for your reply, Tavi. I've followed your instructions and can now see both the info and the errors.
- Brent