Print glossdefs in parent topic?

Oxygen general issues.
ashleybrown415

Print glossdefs in parent topic?

Post by ashleybrown415 »

Hi! I'd like to print my glossdefs in a parent topic along with the glossterms. Is that possible?

Thanks! :D
Radu

Re: Print glossdefs in parent topic?

Post by Radu »

Hi Ashley,

How exactly are you linking to your glossary entries from the DITA Map?
If you are using the glossref element you should also set the print="yes" attribute on it because by default it is configured not to show up when the content is printed.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ashleybrown415

Post by ashleybrown415 »

Hi Radu! My ditamap includes the glossrefs as children of a topicref, for which I have set the print attribute to yes. The terms themselves print on the title topic page, but the definitions don't. I'd like the definitions to print as well. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Ashley
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ashley,

I would need more details about this. For example a small snippet of DITA content from which I could see how the glossentry's are referenced in the DITA Map.
Or you could create a sample DITA project (map + one or two topics) and send it to us (support@oxygenxml.com).

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ashleybrown415

Post by ashleybrown415 »

Hi Radu, here you go!

Code: Select all

<map title="Terms" print="yes">
<title>Localytics Terms</title>
<topicref href="Terms/terms-title.dita">
<glossref keys="session" href="Terms/Session.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref keys="event" href="Terms/event.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref keys="attr" href="Terms/attribute.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref keys="dime" href="Terms/dimension.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref keys="ltv" href="Terms/ltv.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref keys="funn" href="Terms/funnel.dita" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref href="Terms/cohort.dita" keys="coho" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref href="Terms/scope.dita" keys="scope" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
<glossref href="Terms/deep-link.dita" keys="deep" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
</topicref>
</map>
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ashley,

I made a small sample DITA Map with the content like:

<!DOCTYPE map PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Map//EN" "map.dtd">
<map title="Terms" print="yes">
<title>Localytics Terms</title>
<glossref href="Terms/deep-link.dita" keys="deep" print="yes" toc="yes" linking="normal"/>
</map>
and the deep-link.dita glossentry having the content:

<!DOCTYPE glossentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Glossary//EN" "glossary.dtd">
<glossentry id="glossentry_gb4_pmn_yr">
<glossterm>abcdef</glossterm>
<glossdef>the glossdef</glossdef>
</glossentry>
I published to PDF using the default publishing we ship with Oxygen, the entire glossentry content (term and definition) was printed in the PDF.
If you don't reproduce the same behavior with by samples, maybe you have PDF customizations which altered the publishing in this regard.
Or maybe I did not properly understand your original problem. If so, please give me more details about what you would like the PDF to contain.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor