Using the SDK

Oxygen general issues.
sderrick

Using the SDK

Post by sderrick »

I have a project that needs a Tomcat hosted XML editor. I need to provide the same editor to 2-5 editors for them to access a document repository and make changes to XML files.

I need an editor like Oxygen Editor in text mode. I was looking at the SDK and all the references are to Author mode.

Can the SDK provide me with a server hosted Oxygen Editor text mode interface?

thanks,

Scott
alex_jitianu

Re: Using the SDK

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello Scott,

Yes, it's true that the SDK talks a lot about Author mode but the Author component, which can be deployed as a Java applet, also has the text editing mode. After you follow the SDK install procedure, take a look inside project oxygen-sample-applet. This sample also has the text editing mode active.

In a few weeks we will also officially release a new Browser-Based XML Editor which is a server-side web application with an HTML5 front-end. The offered front-end is only a visual editing mode (at least in the first release) so depending on how important the text mode is for you this may or it may not be an alernative.

Best regards,
Alex
sderrick

Post by sderrick »

Alex,

that is good news. I just got a license key for the applet and will be trying that out today.

Too bad the new browser based editor doesn't have a source mode.

thanks,

Scott
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Regarding the oXygen Author WebApp support for text mode, as Alex said, a full-featured Text mode is not a priority for us right now. However, we plan to support an Author-mode action that is available when you right-click an XML element (e.g. paragraph, section, etc.) and edits its content in Text mode.

Regarding the features that will be available in this Text mode, we are most likely going to provide syntax highlight and automatic tags closing.

I wanted to check if that would be enough for your use-case.

Best regards,
Cristian