Frameworks directory: Maximal path length?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Frank Ralf

Frameworks directory: Maximal path length?

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I'm using a custom framework for deploying my DITA customization which I integrate via the Document Type Association > Locations preferences page by adding my frameworks directory in the Additional frameworks directories list.

If I make the path too long (in my case 73 characters), oXygen doesn't recognize the framework. The same framework in a shorter path (about 20 characters long) does work so I suppose there is a maximal path length when specifying a frameworks directory. Is that assumption correct?

Cheers,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
alex_jitianu

Re: Frameworks directory: Maximal path length?

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello Frank,

As far as I know we don't have any such limitation. I've tried myself using a path of about the same length and the frameworks were loaded. I do remember reading that Windows has a file path limit of about 256 but that's larger than the one you used...

This path must refer the frameworks directory. Is it possible that the large file path might not respect this requirement? So if you have the framework from below, in order for Oxygen to load it, you have to give the bold part as additional frameworks directories:

D:\path\frameworks\myFramework\myFramework.framework

Best regards,
Alex
Frank Ralf

Re: Frameworks directory: Maximal path length?

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried again and now it is working, don't know what's different. I did restart oXygen after each change to the path settings but oXygen might have got confused with multiple settings to the same framework, only in different locations. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm and the wild goose chase.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com