Nested TOC in Eclipse help system

Oxygen general issues.
Anuradha

Nested TOC in Eclipse help system

Post by Anuradha »

Hi,

I use Oxygen XML version 14.2 and generate Eclipse help.
The help output has many plugins (user guides), and the TOC is defined in helpData.xml.
I want to pull some of the user guide plugins and bring them under one plugin called "Archive".
Is there a way to define a nested TOC (a plugin within a plugin) in helpData.xml.
Also, the topics that I didn't want to display on TOC still show up even after I specified them to be <hidden> in helpData.xml.

Could you please help me on these?

Thank you
Anuradha
sorin_ristache

Re: Nested TOC in Eclipse help system

Post by sorin_ristache »

Anuradha wrote:I want to pull some of the user guide plugins and bring them under one plugin called "Archive". Is there a way to define a nested TOC (a plugin within a plugin) in helpData.xml.
I suggest nesting the DITA maps that are the sources of these user guide plugins generated by DITA transformations, instead of nesting the outputs of the DITA transformations. You can include one DITA map in another map using a topicref element with the format="ditamap" attribute.
Anuradha wrote:Also, the topics that I didn't want to display on TOC still show up even after I specified them to be <hidden> in helpData.xml.
You can hide the topics by including them in the same DITA profile (using one of the DITA profiling attributes) and by hiding the entire profile that includes these topics. You set a DITA profile in the DITA transformation as a DITAVAL file on the Filters tab of the DITA transformation dialog box.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
Anuradha

Post by Anuradha »

Thank you.
The problem is each of these ditamaps (plugins) has a ditaval of its own. So to nest them at the ditamap level is not possible, I guess. I thought if we could figure this out at the output level (eclipse help), it would be easy.
Thank you for your suggestion.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

If you want to have all the ditamaps (help plugins) visible at the same time in the Eclipse help system then I suppose different (independent) ditavals are applied to different ditamaps. In this case you can combine all the different ditavals that are applied in the DITA transformation to the different ditamaps into one larger ditaval that can be applied to the larger ditamap obtained by combining all the smaller ditamaps (help plugins), as I suggested above.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
Anuradha

Post by Anuradha »

Thank you. I'll try that, though its a huge challenge for various reasons. :)

Thanks again
anu