Bug: Relative links on page broken in webhelp 16.1

Having trouble installing <oXygen/>? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
caval
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Bug: Relative links on page broken in webhelp 16.1

Post by caval » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Relative links to object ids on a page are broken when webhelp is generated from DITA using Oxygen 16.1. These links functioned correctly in Oxygen 15.

This is how the webhelp outputs a relative link:
<p class="p">Link to section: <a class="xref" href="#concept110__sec1">Section 1</a></p>

This should link here but the browser returns a URL NOT FOUND error:
<div class="section" id="concept110__sec1">
<h2 class="title sectiontitle">Section 1</h2>
<p class="p">Some stuff....</p>
</div>

I have also tried creating links to other objects on the page, such as figures or tables. None work correctly.

The html files are located in a directory called /Directory. I noticed that, when mousing over the broken link, the directory name is repeated twice, which explains why the browser cannot locate the page:

localhost/Directory/Directory/c_prereq.html#concept110__sec1

If I manually edit the link on the page and add the html page (remember these are all relative links within this page, which is called c_prereq.html) the link is no longer broken:
<p class="p">Link to section: <a class="xref" href="c_prereq.html#concept110__sec1">Section 1</a></p>

When this link is now moused over, the directory is no longer duplicated:

localhost/Directory/c_prereq.html#concept110__sec1

Background information

These examples are run under local Apache, but the problem persists for remote Apache.

The problem occurs with latest versions of Firefox, Pale Moon, and Chrome. We haven't tested on IE.

We are using default webhelp output with no customizations. The problem persists whether figurelink.style and tablelink.style are set to NUMBER or TITLE in the transform args.

I can confirm that the links are structured exactly the same in our older webhelp v15 output. But the browser can read these links correctly.

caval
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Bug: Relative links on page broken in webhelp 16.1

Post by caval » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:07 am

I can confirm that this problem does not occur with IE 8. This is interesting because IE 8 does not fully support html5.

sorin_ristache
Posts: 4144
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:12 pm

Re: Bug: Relative links on page broken in webhelp 16.1

Post by sorin_ristache » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:32 pm

I just sent you by email a fix for this problem. The fix will be included also in the next Oxygen version.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support

caval
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Bug: Relative links on page broken in webhelp 16.1

Post by caval » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks very much Sorin. The patch works perfectly.

Post Reply