bug oxygen 6.0 on OSX ? last saved document is not visible

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
javajan

bug oxygen 6.0 on OSX ? last saved document is not visible

Post by javajan »

Hi,

when creating a new XML Schema (or new XML document) and saving this document, this most recently saved document does NOT show up in the file selection list when using menu "File - Open" or "Document - XML Document - Associate schema".
Thus it is not possible to assign a most recently created XML Schema to an XML document.
The saved document is shown in Apple's Finder, but Oxygen does obviously not update its file list after saving a document, only the files that were saved before the last file was saved are visible. Changing directories and returning to the directory in the file selection list does not help either, the file which was most recently saved is still not visible :-(

Please fix this !

(Oxygen 6.0 on Apple OSX 10.3.9)

Thanks,

Jan
sorin_ristache

Re: bug oxygen 6.0 on OSX ? last saved document is not visib

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
javajan wrote:this most recently saved document does NOT show up in the file selection list when using menu "File - Open" or "Document - XML Document - Associate schema"

The saved document is shown in Apple's Finder, but Oxygen does obviously not update its file list after saving a document, only the files that were saved before the last file was saved are visible.
I am sorry, I can't reproduce this. It is very strange what happens on your Apple OS X 10.3.9 :( Are you sure that you can see in the Open dialog all the other files present in that folder excepting the last file created with File - New and saved ? <oXygen/> does nothing special to update the list of files displayed in the Open dialog used to browse the file system. The Java virtual machine requests the content of the current folder displayed in the Open dialog from the OS X operating system. Can anyone else reproduce this on any version of Mac OS X, Windows etc. with any version of <oXygen/> ?

What java version are you using (Help - About - System properties - java.vm.version) ?

Best regards,
Sorin
javajan

confirmed -- JVM 1.4.2_05-141.4 with oxygen build 2005051805

Post by javajan »

Are you sure that you can see in the Open dialog all the other files present in that folder excepting the last file created with File - New and saved ?
I'm absolutely sure, I can see all other files except the last file created+saved.

I checked this several times, I also rebooted my system which did not help either.

My system is:

OSX 10.3.9 with all available patches from Apple
JVM 1.4.2_05
Oxygen build 2005051805

Best regards,

Jan
dnedrow

Re: bug oxygen 6.0 on OSX ? last saved document is not visib

Post by dnedrow »

sorin wrote:Hello,
javajan wrote:this most recently saved document does NOT show up in the file selection list when using menu "File - Open" or "Document - XML Document - Associate schema"

The saved document is shown in Apple's Finder, but Oxygen does obviously not update its file list after saving a document, only the files that were saved before the last file was saved are visible.
Can anyone else reproduce this on any version of Mac OS X, Windows etc. with any version of <oXygen/> ?
Sorin,

I've tried several variations and CANNOT reproduce the reported behavior under the following configuration:

oXygen 6.0 Build 2005051612
OS X 10.4.1
java.version 1.4.2_07
java.vm.vendor "Apple Computer, Inc."
java.vm.version 1.4.2-50

-David