Embed WebHelp into CollabNet TeamForge

Oxygen general issues.
Frank Ralf

Embed WebHelp into CollabNet TeamForge

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I want to embed oXygen's WebHelp output into a CollabNet TeamForge project page. The HTML pages are served from a special Subversion repository and embedded deeply in the CollabNet page at /html/body/div[4]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr/td[2]/table/tbody/tr/td. Because of this mechanism I face two problems:
  1. 1) The <head> section from the WebHelp HTML files together with all JavaScript gets lost.
    2) The <iframe> which should show the individual content pages shows the CollabNet index.html instead.
Any pointers how to amend these issues are welcome.

TIA
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Re: Embed WebHelp into CollabNet TeamForge

Post by Frank Ralf »

I've already read at Re: Integrate jQuery that you plan some modifications to the WebHelp transformation for the next oXygen release.

Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Frank,
Frank Ralf wrote:The HTML pages are served from a special Subversion repository and embedded deeply in the CollabNet page at /html/body/div[4]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr/td[2]/table/tbody/tr/td. Because of this mechanism I face two problems:
  1. 1) The <head> section from the WebHelp HTML files together with all JavaScript gets lost.
    2) The <iframe> which should show the individual content pages shows the CollabNet index.html instead.
As you can read in that post about embedding the WebHelp pages in other web page, index.html is embeddable in an <iframe> element, not in a table <td> element. The WebHelp page itself uses this mechanism for embedding the right-side panel, which lists the DITA topic content and which is an XHTML page itself that starts with an <html> element. So an <iframe> element is necessary as a parent element in your TeamFirge oage, that will embed a WebHelp page recursively, which means you need an <iframe> element which will embed the WebHelp page, which itself embeds the right-side panel with the DITA topic content, which is also an <html> element. If you don't use an <iframe> element the <head> elements like <link> and <script> can't be preserved, as you have already noticed with the <td> element.

We can give you access to an Oxygen beta build that allows embedding the WebHelp pages generated by the DITA WebHelp transformation in an <iframe> element if you want to test it. I will send you a link to an Oxygen beta build by email.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give the beta version a try and report back.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com